What's new

By the 20th?

Not that sure anymore. My order says Type Cover "Complete", SP3 and Extra Pen "Shipped", but I just got off the phone with a MS store rep who is trying to tell me receipt in "5-7 business days". I am furious. I have a feeling this guy doesn't have much of a clue about all of this, but still, it's pretty disheartening to hear that.

There have been reports of support saying "on the 20th by end of day" and some saying "ships the 20th, then 5-7 days for delivery". Some of these "technicians" are well informed/intelligent, others just read from a script. The 5-7 days is just the scripted answer to cover their asses if it doesn't show. Some support techs might be well adjusted enough to tell you what they believe through experience from previous releases, being a customer or around the office, some don't and just go with the scripted answer.

There have been reports of support saying "on the 20th by end of day" and some saying "ships the 20th, then 5-7 days for delivery". Some of these "technicians" are well informed/intelligent, others just read from a script. The 5-7 days is just the scripted answer to cover their asses if it doesn't show. Some support techs might be well adjusted enough to tell you what they believe through experience from previous releases, being a customer or around the office, some don't and just go with the scripted answer.

Still not sold, it's 9:41 PST, and my order is still showing as "in process" from 6/3 when I ordered.

Any clue where the shipping is coming from? I'm really curious how they decided to handle this. MS obviously decided to ship based upon location or distance from the origin, I'm in Portland Oregon, and still have no confirmation, no emails, my card HAS been charged, but the MS site still shows it "in process", and I've been charged for both the SP and the Type Cover.

Im in your boat but in Californai...CHarged but no shipping info and site still showing order is processing

Ya, that was the way I and many others understood it at the time too. There would be ZERO techs saying you will have it in hand ON the 20th if that was not going to be the case. We all know how crazy people can get when told something by a corporation that isn't true. The are planning to give it to us on the 20th, we know it and they know it. The question has been are they going to make it work? That's what we've all been trying to track. I do believe they are trying to be as secretive about getting the surface itself along with a shipping number to go with it. For instance, I put in an order with a surf 3/black type cover, they decided yesterday to give me a ship date of 6/19 as that was only for the type cover... then ups had to resend that date and are now waiting to get back to me. Not sure what the real issue is, but either they are trying to be sneaky on the shipping info or are actually having some mistake happen in their process. Wasting ups' time like that, I'm sure something isn't going perfectly.

Shows as shipped in Microsoft Online now, provided tracking number doesn't come up however. FL, US

Last edited:
I have a tracking number from Best Buy, but the info is not on UPS website yet. Best Buy claims it was shipped via next day air.

I went down to the BestBuy near my job since I changed the order from preorder shipping to preorder pickup via the phone. I was actually just looking for accessories. They had them, but the Surface Pro 3's were locked up in a cage behind the desk. I saw my baby and couldn't get her. *SOB* Take that both ways....

Just received tracking number for red type cover even though status said backordered today so I guess they're slowly rolling tracking numbers out to people.

Back