What's new

Booting from USB Issue

Plantje

That indeed looks like it is not that easy to trick the ASD and have it run on a VM. I agree with what GreFox7 mentioned: buy an old computer and run it on that. To be honest it is a waste of a beautiful Surface device to have it run this sort of stuff.

The type of computer you need to run this on should be well under $ 100,-

OP
hittka

hittka

Well I took your advice and went out and purchased a new desktop for the house-- been needing one, anyways.
Again I just wanted to say thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry there wasn't another solution but there's nothing else you can do in that situation.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you use the mouse with your Surface? If yes, you can refer to how to boot a tablet from a bootable device. Hope this could be useful.
The issue here is the USB is a secured Linux distro with classic Linux issues. It doesn't support Surface devices and it's poorly maintained. Solutions for the secure boot issue have been available for years. They state in their requirements terms & conditions they do not support anything other than traditional desktops and laptops (no Tablets or AIO devices) with hard wired Ethernet connections. It's not about booting a USB, it's what's on the USB is where the problems begin and end.