What's new

Bluetooth connection issues

malberttoo

I'm having a similar issue with trying to send files via bluetooth to my phone (iPhone 5). When I'm in settings it says that they're paired but when I go to send a file it says:
Windows was unable to transfer some files
Make sure your bluetooth wireless connection is working properly and your computer is within range of the bluetooth device or bluetooth enabled computer you are trying to transfer files with​
Has anyone encountered this?

Hey Joe, welcome!

OP
K

Kris

had the same issues, well not with iphone but a S3. You will either need to have the original firmware installed or use a Bluetooth dongle. For some reason the 8/19 firmware update kills the Bluetooth connectivity. It gets a little bit better if you don't have any 2.4GHz wifi around but even your neighbors will interfere. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix this. For now I am using a dongle and everything works perfectly, just using up my one and only usb port...

SurfaceProJoe

had the same issues, well not with iphone but a S3. You will either need to have the original firmware installed or use a Bluetooth dongle. For some reason the 8/19 firmware update kills the Bluetooth connectivity. It gets a little bit better if you don't have any 2.4GHz wifi around but even your neighbors will interfere. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix this. For now I am using a dongle and everything works perfectly, just using up my one and only usb port...
Thanks for this Kris, I have one I was using on my old desktop that I can resurface...I'm glad I bought that USB hub!

elixir

Before firmware 9/9/14 my SP3 bluetooth connection had problem with sound streaming to my LG soundbar (bluetooth speaker), it skips every 30-50 seconds. After updating the firmware, the sound to the soundbar is ok. I thought my problem solved now unfortunately it is not.
I just noticed now that everytime I touch or hold SP3 on the top right hand area (above that warm/hot area) the streaming sound bluetooth connection to the speaker will have some disruption. The music will stop when I touch that area. Sometimes it will stop until I release my hand of the area then the music will continue playing. It is the same thing when I tried to hold that area and rotate SP3 around, etc. the disruption of the streaming bluetooth sound will happen every now and then.
I am also using other bluetooth device MS arc mouse surface edition but I didn't notice disruption with mouse or may be because it didn't require a large bandwidth compared to sound streaming.
I assume along the top edge of SP3 (above camera & all) where it covered by plastic strip, that's where the antenna is, in my case it is very sensitive when come to bluetooth streaming.
Anyone else having the same issue as mine or I am having defective unit?

OP
K

Kris

actually since the update my bluetooth is working perfectly fine. I have tried many things to make it mess up but the new update seems to have fixed all my issues with bluetooth. I am getting random disconects from wifi but nothing too bothersome...Sorry to hear that it didn't fix your issues.

Aegeas

Since yesterday's update I have not had a single episode of my BT devices disconnecting! This was the silver bullet for me.

OP
K

Kris

Had to mention the wifi not being too bothersome... now its giving me nothing but limited connection to my 5GHz... guess thats what I get for opening my big mouth.

wditters

Interesting ... for me it's the other way around. I have had no issues until the September update, and ever since my Logitech K810 and Microsoft Sculpt keyboards keep disconnecting. Most notably when switching form desktop to a Virtual Machine running in VMware Workstation 10.0

wditters

Even though my T630 has been working flawlessly (my keyboards have been giving me grief) I now have put it aside and started using my Microsoft bluetooth mouse again. Curious to see if it's the T630 that is causing the connectivity issues with my keyboards ..

Edit: Interesting, now it;s my Microsoft Mouse that is randomly disconnecting .... definitely not OK this recent Bluetooth update by Microsoft/Marvell

Edit2: More interesting. The combination Microsoft Sculpt Mobile keyboard and Logitech M555b mouse seems to be behaving the way it should ....

Edit3: 2 hours down the road and the Microsoft Sculpt Mobile keyboard and Logitech M555b mouse combination still is stable. Odd how the combination of certain devices suddenly makes so much difference. Never done that before.

Edit4: Strike my previous comment. Adding bluetooth audio completely screws it up again.

@Microsoft Please fix this asap as this is now hurting my productivity and affecting my work.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kris

extremely odd my Bluetooth is almost 100% fixed but my WiFi is destroyed, if I let my SP3 go sleep or shut it off I have to reboot or turn off WiFi no less than 5 times