What's new

Blue Screen Problem

I am Big Kev

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me......

My surface pro 4 came up with an error the other day that I am trying to fix.

The error is CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION.

The surface will now boot but only has a multi-colored wheel turning in the middle of the screen. Nothing happens but when I press the power button after about 15 seconds, my profile picture appears and then about 15 seconds later the unit will turn off.

I have tried all of the restart/repair options using the volume down loading options and found that the hard drive has bitlocker enabled. I can't remember enabling this and the unit was brought second hand 12 months ago.

Does anybody have any idea where I could go to from here, as I am at a loss. My thought is to replace the hard drive and upgrade it at the same time from 256gig to either 500gig or 1TB.

Any pointers gratefully accepted.

Thanks for Reading.

Kev.

MrSweet1991

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me......

My surface pro 4 came up with an error the other day that I am trying to fix.

The error is CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION.

The surface will now boot but only has a multi-colored wheel turning in the middle of the screen. Nothing happens but when I press the power button after about 15 seconds, my profile picture appears and then about 15 seconds later the unit will turn off.

I have tried all of the restart/repair options using the volume down loading options and found that the hard drive has bitlocker enabled. I can't remember enabling this and the unit was brought second hand 12 months ago.

Does anybody have any idea where I could go to from here, as I am at a loss. My thought is to replace the hard drive and upgrade it at the same time from 256gig to either 500gig or 1TB.

Any pointers gratefully accepted.

Thanks for Reading.

Kev.
As long as you was signed into your Microsoft Account, the bit locker key should be found here:

Sign in to your Microsoft account

I too purchased a SP4 from eBay and seen the bitlocker message and I thought it wasnt possible to get but it seems once you sign in on that device the key automatically gets uploaded.