What's new

Article: SP4 & SB Firmware Updates Released 1/22/16?!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Installed the firmware update, still testing. I notice that it resets the Intel HD drivers to the "old" versions (I think; I don't believe today's Windows Insider build did so). Wonder if it will sleep with the older drivers...
That confirms that something is amiss with the install of your GPU update, my Driver remained the December Update.

wynand32

That confirms that something is amiss with the install of your GPU update, my Driver remained the December Update.

Well, I did the complete uninstall/reinstall when you suggested it previously, so I don't know what could be wrong with it. Incidentally, I'm surprised today's update didn't include a new graphics driver. They pushed an updated driver to the Surface Book for the integrated GPU and not Intel, as I understand it. Something must be up.

cme4oil

Installed the firmware update, still testing. I notice that it resets the Intel HD drivers to the "old" versions (I think; I don't believe today's Windows Insider build did so). Wonder if it will sleep with the older drivers...

The intel driver didn't get touched when I updated. Just as a data point.

bonzer2u

I cant believe their still pushing 4326, a beta driver and wonderin why so many people are having display issues. 4352 is superior but still way short of mature....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
4352 still has issues, BSOD with Video_Handler_Exception with some sites that auto play embedded videos...this is typically caused by the frame buffer.

stevae

just wondering if anybody on here has installed mobile on their tablets, or is everyone using the pc version?

gman713

I can't handle the constant Intel graphic driver crashes when using Microsoft's own Edge browser. You think they would get this working correctly. I have to use Chrome which turns my fans on. So this firmware update does nothing to address the graphic driver issues?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking it was likely the Windows Insider build 14251 that released today that put the old Intel HD driver back, not the firmware update.
That is true, I updated to the December Driver right after flighting of the new build prior to the Firmware Update :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I can't handle the constant Intel graphic driver crashes when using Microsoft's own Edge browser. You think they would get this working correctly. I have to use Chrome which turns my fans on. So this firmware update does nothing to address the graphic driver issues?
Using the December Intel Reference Driver fixes most of these, but it isn't 100% stable, I get occasional BSODs with embedded videos on Facebook and AP News.

Members online