What's new

Anyone dare install Win 11 beta on their Surface Pro 6?

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

Still waiting for my Surface Pro 6 Windows Updates to say Windows 11 is ready to install on it. I don't want to jump the gun. I really fell in love with Windows 10 so it's going to be kinda sad letting it go. I already got the notification on my Gaming laptop but I still haven't installed it since I keep hearing about the memory leak and other random issues. Taking my time. lol

wpcoe

@Turbo4AWD : As posted above, I've been running Win11 Pro on my SP6 for 3.5 weeks now with no major problems. That said, other than the prettier interface (which I do like a lot,) I don't see any compelling reason to "upgrade" from Win10. There are several little things missing in Win11 that are annoying at best, such as:

- Right-clicking the Task Bar only offers Taskbar settings.
- There is no way to pin an app to the Start Menu for quick/easy access.
- No Task Bar clock on second monitors.
- No seconds display on the clock in the System Tray

Some users have more irritating things to deal with like inability to move to Task Bar to the side of the screen, for example.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

I have only upgraded my Gaming Laptop to Windows 11 as I am waiting on the official update for my Surface Pro 6 to Windows 11. I am pretty confident I am going to miss Tablet mode, but at least there's some good window management involved and improved support for touch in Windows 11.....so far it's been pretty good on the Gaming Laptop, but I'm not so sure the experience is going to be that good on the Tablet.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

My fated day has arrived. Downloading/installing Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 6 now from Windows Update. Not an insider beta version either.

Members online

No members online now.