What's new

again "SYSTEM" process high cpu usage issue

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

so remember me... are you the one for the RESET? my windows is programmed for automatic reset for tomorrow :) I can't give battle anymore each day, too many doubts and my wife i5 that we reset before to use seem never had this issue.

Calbenzo

I too have the problem with the "System" and "System Interrupt" showing high CPU, and my fan going nuts every now and then. Mine problem will come on if I am using the computer for some time, and then if I shut the computer down, sometimes it will go away for a day or so. Mine really doesn't have a pattern, so maybe there is some maintenance going on in the background as I think Megatronium may have mentioned in your 1st thread. I didn't have this problem until the 9/9 updates, however.

Anyway, I was trying to figure what was going on so I right clicked on "system" from task manager, and went to properties which brought me to a Ntoskrnl.exe application which stands for the NT Operating System Kernal (which I see listed in your resource monitor I believe).

I started searching this file which led me to this site:

http://forum.sysinternals.com/need-help-with-ntoskrnl-thread-causing-high-cpu_topic29289_page1.html

One of the early posters, MagicAndre1981, mentions using Windows Performance Tools, which lists the sites for download, and then running a command to gather data to isolate the problem (at least for Ntoskrnl.exe). For a lot of the participants in the threads, they had out of date or corrupted drivers.

I haven't had time to try this out yet, but perhaps it may help you?? :)

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I know, but your is a different issue because you have even system interrupts going up in the top positions, happen to me this too when I was using the docking.. I read some other people with same issue and as I removed the docking that problem was eliminated (system interrupts) and now I have just "system" to cure.

My pc is is all updated, I checked and update drivers etc etc, nothing to do, however I give up, I think tomorrow sunday here I will make the reset, if I find the courage and I don't wait another week.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

megatronium your first post of the other thread is unclear. You state after the first message about the netgate. Please clarify your solution what it was. I tried also cccleaner/netgate etc, nothing to do.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

megatronium, what you said..... :) I can't find the other thread anymore.

Ok this night happened again the issue and I let the pc with high cpu usage for 1 hour or more, happened when I was going to sleep, so I just seen that went up this time for some windows modules installer, was the tiworker.exe process this time I think.

Now I'm writing without have reboot, I reboot now and I test again if it happen or finish.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

you can see in the right, again MRT.exe is the cause of my cpu at 35%
this morning I just started windows and as I leave pc 2/3 minutes again cpu usage 35%
Now, I left the pc 2 days ago in the night to cpu at 35% load to let do to windows what needed with this MRT.exe, after 1 hour or when I wake up in the morning the pc was ok with no cpu usage.

Now why so want again MRT.exe stress me with 35% usage and why want again to this??

I can't believe that this is normal.

mrt.jpg