What's new

Poll Yellow streak poll (Model + Lot #)

Does your SP3 have the dreaded yellow streak?

• Total voters

elixir

guys, any update or anyone else experiencing the new replacement will definitely no yellow streak? and what's new build number? and has it been running fine without developing any sign of yellow again?
thanks.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Still no yellow here. Have noticed slightly more light bleed on a dark screen since installing Windows 10. Maybe brighter screen settings on boot causing that? But thank god no yellow. :)

wynand32

Mine is perhaps a bit worse than it was the last time I reported on it. I'm still torn about getting it replaced, because everything else is so great about the machine (including the screen other than the streak).

Nucleon

Still no yellow here. Have noticed slightly more light bleed on a dark screen since installing Windows 10. Maybe brighter screen settings on boot causing that? But thank god no yellow. :)
This is unrelated to the yellow streak, but does Windows 10 give you an option between 32 and 64 bit?

mikejg

Here is something interesting I noticed. The yellow streak on the left of my SP3 is only noticeable when viewed from the right. So my right eye sees it, and my left eye does not. I can make the streak go away by covering my right eye.

My right eye is better close up, and I have poor stereo vision, so I'm pretty much ignoring my left eye when using my Sp3. Unfortunately this means I always see the streak at full intensity. If your left eye is better, you may never notice the stripe. If you have perfect vision, the stripe might be half as noticeable because your brain would seamlessly blend the view with the streak and the one without.

I'm not recommending you rotate your SP3 180 degrees or wear an eye patch, to make the streak go way, but either might work.