What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Strangest thing about build 10147 is that I'll be working along nice and smooth and all bluetooth drivers will suddenly fail requiring a reboot. So odd.

GTiceman

Strangest thing about build 10147 is that I'll be working along nice and smooth and all bluetooth drivers will suddenly fail requiring a reboot. So odd.

I had those issues before but knock on wood they have been fine since my down to 130, 130 reinstall on top of revert still dirty, then back up to 147

Kris

Using 10130 on my desktop and 10147 on my SP3 and both live tiles for weather have stopped working, anyone else having this issue?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

Mine was fine up until today where i just 5 minutes ago got back from work to find exactly that as well. although upon restart i also had to re-pair my keyboard.

Sanjay

June 2015 updates for the Surface Pro 3
The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 6/23/2015” when you view your update history.

Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update, please manually check Windows Update later.
  • Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.11.950.0) adds support for new features in Windows 10.
  • Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3091.193) improves the system stability and the Wi-Fi connectivity experience, also increases the network download performance.
  • SATA AHCI Controller driver update (v9.4.0.1028) stabilizes deployment methodology on Surface Pro 3.

Kris

10147 WiFi ISSUE SOLVED
I had this issue a couple of days ago. The 5GHz connection dropped out. Re-connected, then it dropped out again. I was able to fix it this way:
1 - Right-click WiFi notification icon
2 - Open Network and Sharing Center
3 - Change adapter settings
4 - Disable
5 - Enable
6 - Diagnose

The "Windows WiFi Service" will be found to be not working. Allow Windows to restart this service.
After the restart, no more problems, even after restart, cold reboot, changing 5GHz networks, changing to public networks, VPN, etc. Perhaps this method installs the Service the way it should have been initially.

Tried this when it was having issues right after boot up, it blamed my access point/router. Had to reboot 3 times to get it to connect. Tested 3 other tablets and 2 laptops, one with Windows 10 10130, and they had no issues.

wynand32

And, I'll add that my SP3 is stuck trying to install the 5/14 firmware update and/or the last Intel HD driver for the 113th and 77th time, respectively, and so it's not finding the new June update. That's fun.

Update: After enough tries, it gave up on trying to (re)install the 5/14 firmware update. Now it's stuck trying/retrying to install the Intel HD driver. I tried disabling the adapter in Device Manager, now I'm going to try to delete it to allow the driver update to finish.

Otherwise, no June firmware update for me.

Update 2: Okay, uninstalled the driver and deleted the files. Now the Intel HD drivers still won't update (or install, in this case) and I'm stuck with the Microsoft basic driver. Lovely.

Last edited:

GTiceman

June 2015 updates for the Surface Pro 3
The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 6/23/2015” when you view your update history.

Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update, please manually check Windows Update later.
  • Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.11.950.0) adds support for new features in Windows 10.
  • Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3091.193) improves the system stability and the Wi-Fi connectivity experience, also increases the network download performance.
  • SATA AHCI Controller driver update (v9.4.0.1028) stabilizes deployment methodology on Surface Pro 3.
Not showing up yet for me but then again I lose my WiFi as soon as I try to install any updates

wynand32

Yep, my SP3 is now stuck--simply will not install the Intel HD drivers. So, I suppose I'll either install 10147 for kicks, or just wait until the next official build. And use my MacBook Air in the meantime. Grrr, sometimes this beta testing thing is for the birds.

ScottyS

No firmware update 6/23/15 yet, but 5/14/15 finally succeeded.
upload_2015-6-23_19-9-3.png

But it seems it has succeeded and failed many times before.
Talk about odd!

Status
Not open for further replies.