What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Anyone know a fix to the slideshow for backgrounds bug? Works on my SP3 now but not on my desktop. Used same ISO, please I have over 1k backgrounds and this is a huge feature for me.

Have fix thanks to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lideshow/bdf52976-3c65-456b-9113-3ab16bff58b5

I have a workaround; If you choose the new folder containing the wallpapers you want in personalisation, then go back to the original personalisation under display setting and switch themes from one of the default one to your unsaved theme it will use the new folders pictures.
You have to save the unsaved theme and switch to it and it will work

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well i reverted to 10130 official ISO. so far very happy with it. Now to see how long it stays silent for.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else pleased with their battery life? I pulled around 5-6 hrs today.... fairly pleased with that. 10130.

I get similar battery life - maybe even an hour more. No fan - which also shows I am conserving.

I've been fortunate during the entire Insider program since October 5, 2014. Use window 10 as my production machine all along, too.

Hurts me to read about the bugs and bugaboos others are experiencing.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get similar battery life - maybe even an hour more. No fan - which also shows I am conserving.

I've been fortunate during the entire Insider program since October 5, 2014. Use window 10 as my production machine all along, too.

Hurts me to read about the bugs and bugaboos others are experiencing.

For me it was absolutely rock solid from day 1 (just using the update route, no ISO or clean installs. The moment I started trying ISO's and rolling back etc, I ended up having constant trouble.

GTiceman

For me it was absolutely rock solid from day 1 (just using the update route, no ISO or clean installs. The moment I started trying ISO's and rolling back etc, I ended up having constant trouble.

Mine is generally solid too. I did a clean install somewhere along the way but 130 was the update path

mitchellvii

The 10135 iso continues to behave overall quite well for me except for the display port bug and occasionally fan-i-ness.

On a sidenote, speaking of lucky (non)breaks. My cat knocked my SP3 off my desk the other day and the edge smacked a metal coffee table HARD. Luckily it hit right where the speaker grill was and merely caused a small dent rather than shattering the glass. Whew. Bad kitty!

9jdb85.jpg
57149240.jpg

Last edited:

Compusmurf

Poll results will be off. Depending on what the next few insider previews are like will decide for most whether to go clean or upgrade. So far upgrade for me has been fine, but something bad could happen anytime. Lol

Mhaddy

I'm having trouble downloading the "new" System Hardware Update 2015-05-14 - it stays on "Downloading 0%..." and does not progress from there. Anyone else?

Kris

Is there anyway to edit tiles? I would like the icon in the middle of it to be larger. Instead of a huge box around a tiny icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.