Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Now the on-screen keyboard can properly appear automatically when the Type Cover or other keyboard is not connected. Been waiting awhile for that to work.

Screenshot (31).png

Screenshot (30).png

ScottyS

I'd have to go out and buy new batteries then.

Found another weird bug, clicking Start Menu tiles launch other apps, ones that are nearby but not the ones clicked on. Going to try unpinning and repining.

Edit: Now they do work. I've re-booted since so maybe that fixed it.

Last edited:

wynand32

Really liking this Build so far.... much more polished. The Swipe Up for settings isn't working as stated in the release notes....

Actually, this led me to a problem. In tablet mode, there doesn't seem to be _any_ way to access settings in universal apps.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I get options for Universal Apps in Tablet Mode by swiping down from the top with one or two fingers.

Kris

Wanted to install 10130 on the desktop, HTPC. But wife heard me say my slideshow background isn't working on my SP3, she told me no way in hell.

wynand32

I get options for Universal Apps in Tablet Mode by swiping down from the top with one or two fingers.

Not on mine. In Tweetium, for example, swiping down (one or two fingers) does nothing. There's literally no way to get to settings.

Edit: Actually, swipe-down works for Microsoft Universal apps, but not my third-party apps.

Last edited:

Compusmurf

Thank @sharpcolorado.
Everything seems to be working but the purple pen button still won't open OneNote. It is connected because when I look at Settings Bluetooth page it says paired and flashed a quick progress bar when I press the purple button.
Inking works, except no pen pressure sensitivity in Photoshop7 (a driver missing likely) but it works in OneNote and Spartan.

Crap. Everything went so well on my 130 upgrade, then I go and press the purple button to check onenote and from 122 where it worked to 130, where it no longer works.

I've re-paired, replaced all batteries, tried 2nd pen, reinstalled Onenote and nothing. Very cute.... :(

wynand32

Another issue: the only app with notifications settings is Settings. I have a ton of notification-capable apps, but none are listed in Settings.

Last edited:

bender

What the... before I went to sleep, I've started the download of 130 and now there is nothing! No Update and no 130 installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.