What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is here a course of action to take when update just doesn't download? There is a list of updates but it is just sat on downloading 0%. Restarted, turned wifi on and off, nadda.

wynand32

So, in the interest of brevity and saving time (mine [emoji3]), if I'm on Win8.1, what's the quickest way to install 10125? Clean install? Upgrade from ISO? Upgrade to 10074 then to 10125?

Thanks!

GTiceman

I downloaded the .ISO and applied over the top of 10122. Good experience.
I did the same, my only issue right now seems to be the buttons on the pen not working

Edit: The only function that isn't working seems to be launching of OneNote, the erase, select, and screenshot items still work

Last edited:

wynand32

I'd vote clean install for most stability coming out of the gate and on-going both. It's the cleanest slate.

Okay, thanks. I prefer clean install in general. But, I remain confused: if we install Windows 10 clean from ISO, do we then need to apply a driver pack?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, thanks. I prefer clean install in general. But, I remain confused: if we install Windows 10 clean from ISO, do we then need to apply a driver pack?

Not all drivers are included - leaving the OS to notice that driver updates are available and then update them. This is the part that may not work. I say do over the top, then clean. That gives you a plan "B" if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.