What's new

Windows 10 20H2 additional update?

Turbo4AWD

Just got an "optional quality update for Windows 10 20H2 update that I just got last week. I wonder what's going on. Gonna look up what happened to people with 20H2 when they first updated and see if there are some issues that came up.

1604023562430.png

wpcoe

I still haven't been offered any 20H2 update, much less an Update Preview for it.

What I have offered right now is:

1604239998542.png

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
See this article on how Microsoft is doing updates with W10.
Understanding the difference between Windows 10 feature and quality updates

" On Windows 10, there are four types of quality updates, including "B," "C," "D," and "out-of-band."

"The "C" release happens the third week of the month, and the "D" release outs during the fourth week of the month. Unlike the "B" rollout, the "C" and "D" updates contain a preview of the maintenance bits that the company plans to ship the following month during Patch Tuesday, and they don't include security updates. "

C & D fit the description of an "Optional Quality Update", a preview of non-security, maintenance updates.

wpcoe

See this article on how Microsoft is doing updates with W10.
Understanding the difference between Windows 10 feature and quality updates
Yes, but why are some of us getting 20H2 and some of us not? All of us have Surface Pro 6 computers.

FWIW, I often get updates a few days before Turbo4AWD posts that he just got them. This time, he got the 20H2 two weeks ago and I'm still waiting, in fact this week he got a Cumulative Update to 20H2 and I got a Cumulative Update to v.2004. <shrug>