What's new

Who's getting one?

yonghong

Minor scratches, but yes. Wasn't a problem with the vendor where I got it.

So, though I'd update this thread my experiences. I ended up going through 9 (read 'em: nine) Surface Pro units before I gave up. All of them had extreme lightbleed along the lower edge of the screen. The vendor ordered in from different warehouses, made no difference.

I then decided to chance it up with an HP Spectre x360. First one had a dead pixel, second one had a loose trackpad. My gawd.

I resolved to go back to a Macbook (had one for 5 years workng flawlessly before), since it seems Apple is the only manufacturer that actually does QA... or so I thought. First unit had the enter key get stuck in the first week. Had it replaced... have had light issues with the keyboard since (although I otherwise quite like it). Had issues with the fan coming on (loudly!) constantly if I had Skype and any type of browser open at the same time.

However, I am now back to where I started... as my Macbook got stolen. Sucks, fortunately it was my business laptop and I can write it off. Still hurts, though.

We are now in 2018 and we've seen the new 8th gen Intel chips be released. I am certainly NOT going for a Mac again (I was looking at Windows machines for a reason).

Is the SP17 still worth getting? Do I want to wait on an update? The other computers I'm looking at are the Asus Zenbook 3 Deluxe and the Dell XPS 13.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

You returned 9 Surface, OMG, that’s why your MacBook is got stolen, that’s the dystiny.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk Pro