What's new

What to do when increasing desktop scaling alone isn't enough?

netuser

I know you can increase the desktop scaling to 150% or more and increase font sizes in browsers, but what if that still isn't enough for easy use of desktop apps? There are many old x86 apps that will not recognize Windows 8.1 scaling adjustments.

Are there any downgrade screen resolutions you can set the Surface Pro 3 for that aren't blurry or letterboxed?

Is there any good way to scale the resolution in RDP sessions so you don't get a difficult to read high resolution window when viewing the remote computer's desktop?

malberttoo

Is there any good way to scale the resolution in RDP sessions so you don't get a difficult to read high resolution window when viewing the remote computer's desktop?

YES! I have to use RDP almost daily, and this was one of the first issues that was almost a deal-breaker, had it not been resolved.

You want Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection Manager, here is a prior post I did on it-

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/1920x1280-desktop-on-a-10-inch-screen.14788/#post-119793

Let me know how you like it.

Last edited: