What's new

Videos won't play in PPT in tablet mode (but will in docking station)

evelinb

Hello,
I will be giving a powerpoint presentation soon and have realized that, when in tablet mode (not in docking station), powerpoint will not play videos embedded in slides. However, they play just fine when the Surface Pro 3 is in its docking station and hooked up to an external monitor. No other changes to the PPT file - only in or out of docking station. Videos were originally MP4 format before being imported/embedded into slides. Any ideas? Thanks!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Is Hardware Acceleration disabled in Slide Show Setup? Try toggling the setting and see if it fixes it....

upload_2015-10-29_6-16-3.png

OP
E

evelinb

"Is Hardware Acceleration disabled in Slide Show Setup? Try toggling the setting and see if it fixes it...."

Thanks for that suggestion. I just tested this but it doesn't fix the issue. I will keep on it. It seems very odd to me that it is the docking station that makes the difference, since, it really just "extends" the display (and adds ports). But, obviously it also affects the software on the machine in some way as well. Never seen this type of thing before on docking vs. tablet mode. Thanks again!