What's new

The Surface 3 waiting room

CrippsCorner

I have to admit Dell's quality hasn't always been the best, but the XPS13 looks incredible. Just hope it stands up to years of use!

Boblette

My bank has shown that the pre-ordered Surface 3 charge hit this morning. While the Microsoft online store still shows as "in process" and I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet....it is good news that it should be shipping soon...I might receive it pretty close to launch day....next Tuesday (as if you all didn't know) yea!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My bank has shown that the pre-ordered Surface 3 charge hit this morning. While the Microsoft online store still shows as "in process" and I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet....it is good news that it should be shipping soon...I might receive it pretty close to launch day....next Tuesday (as if you all didn't know) yea!
I think the wording is *ships by the 5th*
To me that means on or before. However, I'm pretty certain there's a do not deliver before clause in there.

When I got my S2 it was shipped from, or staged at, a local/regional warehouse and arrived either the same day or next day. IIRC shipping status showed it left the warehouse at midnight, arrived at the local office around 3:30AM was out for delivery at 6AM and I had it before noon. :)

No idea if that's the way they are handling the S3... certain bloggers have implied it's not.

Last edited:

jev425

Ordered my 4/128 and pen which will be here on Wednesday. I have not used a windows machine since 6+ years(windows 7). I am pretty excited to give the surface 3 a try especially for the note taking capabilities for school. That is what really pushed me to make the purchase. I wont be doing any high-spec work on it but hope the atom will last me a few years through school.

Ordered my S3 via an ISP deal. Money was taken the day I signed, but S3 turned up some 16 days later. Go figure. As per the tracking system, it took a day to go from one side of town to the other, sat in the warehouse for 6 days, then took 5 days to deliver. This by a company that uses 'Priority' in their business name.

So far, my S3 has performed much better than my old HP X2 hybrid. By saying that, my S3 has a random freezing/lock-up problem (requiring a hard boot to access anything) whilst the X2 had a random BSOD that HP had no interest in fixing. The wife now has the X2 so she can deal with it now.