What's new

Surface Pro 3 Phantom Touch and Calibration

Davian Pepper

Hi guys,

i have this dead zone where pen and fingers cannot touch on the screen,
i googled and found a calibration software linked from microsoft to sony website, called the EP0000601624.exe
alot of people tried it and comes with success, but mine got worst after calibrating with the software.

my device now has 4-5 or even more phantom touch every second on my windows start screen, and sometimes doesnt on at all (stuck on Surface logo).
even going bios has these multi touch crazy stuff.

will reinstalling windows helps?

Plantje

Most likely this is hardware related, so reinstalling Windows will have no effect. But I would definitely give it a try. Also check that you have the latest firmware updates installed!

JessB

Hi guys,

i have this dead zone where pen and fingers cannot touch on the screen,
i googled and found a calibration software linked from microsoft to sony website, called the EP0000601624.exe
alot of people tried it and comes with success, but mine got worst after calibrating with the software.

my device now has 4-5 or even more phantom touch every second on my windows start screen, and sometimes doesnt on at all (stuck on Surface logo).
even going bios has these multi touch crazy stuff.

will reinstalling windows helps?
Reinstalling windows will not fix the problem
Here is what I would try - doesn't always fix it entirely but it may show you the problem driver
In Device Manager, go to Human Interfaces Devices section and disable the driver for Intel(R) Precise Touch Device
Before you restart, make sure and test that the touchscreen has now stopped responding, and you should have no more phantom touches.
When you restart, the driver will be re-enabled automatically and (1) the problem will be fixed, or (2) it will reappear. It reappears for me, so I just disable it again if I want to do something without being interrupted by a random touch. Like watching a video without it starting and stopping on it's own - the random touches make using the pen pretty much impossible, so I am stuck for now

In my case, the driver was updated in release 1909 with version 1.2.0.100, and I am waiting for Microsoft and Intel to get it fixed - wishing us both luck!