What's new

Surface Pro 128GB -- Early reactions . . .

Sin

The screen size is odd for tablet use, the onscreen keyboard is too wide for me in portrait but still useable.
Try the split on-screen keyboard option. Hit the keyboard button in the lower right hand corner and choose the second option from the left. This work very well on my RT. A normal keyboard layout is terrible on any touch screen bigger than a phone.

GreatWindows

No video yet, but I can definitely confirm that World of Warcraft will run after installing it successfully. (I played it years ago and didn't feel like re-activating my account so I just used a free trial account). Graphics were set to "Good" by default, though I found it to be better on 'Fair'. It's buttery smooth on Fair, and can be a bit choppy on Good. You can run it on Ultra, but probably tone down the resolution. The game runs in full 1080p and looks pretty good even on Fair. Here's a screenshot I took of my video settings:

View attachment 273

If you have questions, let me know!

One thing to point out, I did install the full game onto my SSD, so it runs *lightning* fast. If you run it off USB or other sources you may see different results.

Thank you so much for showing us, this is so awesome that WoW runs on it.

OP
Russ

Russ

I bought my wife her own RT when I purchased mine. She's not as tech savvy as me but she certainly seems to enjoy and love it.

Bosamar --

It's even more fun when English is her second language. :) I have a computer here set up for Ladyfriend to use. I installed the Chinese Language Pack on it, so can switch back and forth from English to Chinese. She likes to work in Chinese, but if she needs my help with something, then we switch it to English. Her English is pretty good, but her understanding of computer terminology is not so good, so her translations from Chinese can be pretty ragged. I have set up her Surface Pro the same way, with me as an alternate User.

This is a big jump for her, because she is moving up from Windows XP Pro. For that reason, I have installed a "Start Button Replacement" program on her Pro. I used Start8 from Stardock. It looks pretty good.

Take care,
Russ

OP
Russ

Russ

It will, but slowly. And if you're using your Pro it may still discharge faster than you're charging it.

Deavod & MagicRobots --

That appears not to be the case, at least based on my current usage. I've been running the Pro on the RT adapter for about an hour now, and battery is still at 100%. That might be different if I were running heavy graphics or video, but for ordinary usage, it seems to be Ok.

Regards,
Russ

xterrapro

It will, but slowly. And if you're using your Pro it may still discharge faster than you're charging it.
I charged mine last night from DEAD to full power overnight - works fine. no idea how long it took to get from zero to full though.