What's new

Surface does not connect to local wifi upon startup

Nikhil

Whenever I start up my surface pro 3 (and wake it from sleep) it consistently fails to properly access the internet, forcing me to disconnect and reconnect to my local wifi network in order to get it to work again. Is there a way I can fix/avoid this problem?

And if there is no way to fix this, is there any program that can run on startup to automatically disconnect and reconnect the surface to the wireless network instantaneously?

CrippsCorner

So it sees the connection but won't connect to it? Mine used to take 5-10 seconds, but I think it's sped up after an update...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Whenever I start up my surface pro 3 (and wake it from sleep) it consistently fails to properly access the internet, forcing me to disconnect and reconnect to my local wifi network in order to get it to work again. Is there a way I can fix/avoid this problem?

And if there is no way to fix this, is there any program that can run on startup to automatically disconnect and reconnect the surface to the wireless network instantaneously?
Make sure you applied the Firmware Updates for both the Surface and your Wireless Access Point/Router. If it is an older Router I would consider getting a newer one, my experience in troubleshooting some of these issues is how older routers handle DHCP ACK/NACK Responses.

mohcho

+1 on jnjroach's reply. My SP3 did that as well, but with the most recent firmware update, it finally started working properly connecting back the wifi automagically after resuming from sleep.