What's new

Surface book screen popping sound

Lojin

Hello,
New member here. I just got my surface book i5 with dGPU last night. I noticed today that my screen on the left hand side will physically pop when I press or tap on it gently like the screen is loose and is physically moving. Has any one else had this issue? I'm trying to decide if it is a defect, or if I am just noticing something relatively small? Thanks for any help.

bmclaurin

I have the same model, but mine does not do that. I'd consider swapping it out, as that would probably bother me.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a defect - not glued properly. Don't tolerate that, unless it goes away after your screen has been warm for awhile, then is still okay after cooling.

joell85

I would 100% open a case with surface support about it. That way even if you decide not to replace it now you will have documentation that it existed when the device was new.

OP
L

Lojin

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad that no one else is having a similar issue because this is annoying the bejeebus out of me. It is almost like the entire screen on the left is not glued as stated above. It does not get better when warm, and it has the slightest give when pressed, but gives a decent audible pop. I will open up a case to get a new one. On a different note, I really like it so far. The screen is beautiful to look at.

Last edited:

slatman11

I am guessing not to start a new thread, have a surface book and love it. Cannot find it anywhere but when in presentation mode the bing-bong sound continues to sound. I would think that is loose connection. Sound it be "connected and running/charging from keyboard portion?