Blizzard Entertainment has announced that it is to launch StarCraft: Remastered worldwide on August 14. The modernized version of the award-winning sci-fi RTS classic can now be pre-purchased via the online Blizzard Shop for $47.99/£12.99. Anyone pre-purchasing prior to August 14 will get three unique building skins to use in the game: the Char Hive, the Korhal Command Center, and the Aiur Nexus. Anyone buying the game will also get digital bonuses for StarCraft II, including the Alexei Stukov co-op commander and three unique portraits celebrating StarCraft: Remastered.
The new game brings a modern feel to the original StarCraft, while keeping the gameplay the same as it has always been for nearly twenty years. It’s also fully compatible with the current version of StarCraft. Here are some of the game’s features:
· Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War® expansion
· Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
· New matchmaking and leaderboards
· Player profiles that track individual statistics
· Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
· Higher fidelity music and sound
· Switch between Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button!
“Nearly 20 years ago, StarCraft welcomed millions of gamers to an epic sci-fi universe—and also helped form the foundation for esports as we know it today,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Passionate gamers around the world are still playing Brood War, both with friends and competitively, so we’re modernizing the technology behind StarCraft so that they can continue to enjoy the game for many years to come.”