What's new

Staffpad - music notation software

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Could you tell us about the process? You imported or downloaded a midi file from a cloud location? One that you did or did not create?

I tried two things:

1) Downloaded MIDI files from a public website. Stored them on my SP3.
2) Opened one of the downloaded MIDI files with StaffPad and pressed the Play button.
3) Took the screenshot.

Boblette

Alright SharpC,

Now for your next task...if you are willing to accept it...hahar..

But seriously, thanks for putting some info out for us on the sidelines. I would be interested in how well you can insert a midi file onto a pre-existing score in StaffPad.

Are you still using Sibelius? Are you current with 7.5.1?

If so, I would love to see how well the two work together, mostly parts created in StaffPad imported/loaded into Sibelius.

(May 5th [shipping date for my Surface 3] seems so far away. Although, I will receive the pen on Monday. I wonder what I can do with it until my tablet arrives? I guess I could go to a Best Buy and play with my pen on their Surfaces!)

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I use MuseScore lately, rather than Sibelius. Neither is as easy to annotate as the very inexpensive StaffPad, due to the Surface Pro 3 an its pen.

MuseScore with "Unchained Melody"

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot (18).png

goodintentions

$70 seems pretty steep. Some comments suggest that the pen input doesn't work as flawlessly as they make out in the video...

Shame they don't have a demo.
$70 is not steep at all if it's a quality app. I don't understand this new freemium mentality that is flying around. People don't seem to care about quality anymore. They want their single purpose, barely functional $0.99 apps.