What's new

Recommendation for large external monitor

Scott Sanford

Hi,
I've got an SP3 and the docking station for my office. I am looking to replace the dual 27" monitors with a larger single 30+ (40 probably) monitor. I would like to dock the surface and have an external display. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and has a good quality solution?

I have no problem adapting to get an HDMI connector from the mini display port output, so it doesn't have to be a mini DP connection.

Thanks so much for your advice and opinions...

mitchellvii

Go 29 baby.

http://www.amazon.com/AOC-29-inch-I...id=1408815769&sr=8-1&keywords=29+inch+monitor

71r%2B9MsH%2B%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

OP
S

Scott Sanford

Thanks for the responses!
Actually I was going to try to match the native resolution of the Surface, or have 1440 as the vertical at minimum.

I looked at that AOC but was thinking 29" might be too small (going from 2 X27", I'd be giving up a decent amount of real estate!)

Anyone use something like a Samsung LED TV with an adapter?

m98custom1212

If your Office 365 comes with the desktop installation of the Office Apps, I's use Outlook for E-mail, Tasks & Calendar and One-Note for Note taking. That's what I do & Love it I think yu can synch your Google apps from work with the Outlook desktop (But I'm not certain)I use ITunes for music and syncing such to my IPhone and IPad Mini

I use Lightroom & PS under the creative Cloud Photographers subscription for Photo editing. I have no idea about Video editing

Len

Thanks for the responses!
Actually I was going to try to match the native resolution of the Surface, or have 1440 as the vertical at minimum.

I looked at that AOC but was thinking 29" might be too small (going from 2 X27", I'd be giving up a decent amount of real estate!)

Anyone use something like a Samsung LED TV with an adapter?

Going to Aoc with 1440p will be alot differnent then 27 inch 1080p

m98custom1212

Yes the text will be pretty small and any 3rd party programs where the UI doesn't scale right. (Such as Solidworks and NX for me) I don't have trouble reading icons but the eye doctor said you must spend alot of time on a computer. He could tell from looking at my eyes kinda creepy

I would go 27 inch 1440p imo or 30 inch 1600p.

phositadc

Hi,
I've got an SP3 and the docking station for my office. I am looking to replace the dual 27" monitors with a larger single 30+ (40 probably) monitor. I would like to dock the surface and have an external display. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and has a good quality solution?

I have no problem adapting to get an HDMI connector from the mini display port output, so it doesn't have to be a mini DP connection.

Thanks so much for your advice and opinions...

LG 34UM95. It's a 34" super wide screen. Take your current 1440p and add a couple of inches to each side. Amazing monitor for desktop productivity.