What's new

Really slow SSD access

friedduck

I don't know when this started but lately when I save a document (or anything) it takes a lifetime (30-60 seconds) to present the list of folders.

It's almost as if my SP3 doesn't recognize it's not on the network and is trying to check to see if network drives are available.

Has anyone else seen this? Once it's refreshed the folder list it's mostly fine. But even 30 seconds after saving a document I opened explorer and the pattern repeats.

Thanks,
Jeff

ScottyS

Yes, I get this too. But I didn't think it was specifically a SSD access problem per se. I had thought it might be an issue with searching for places to save involving OneDrive and/or waking up my several USB hub attached HDs (I practically never do work involving saving files when I have it portable; I mostly use it to view content and as a tablet. At home with a 9 port USB hub and 3 HDs is when I do content creation and save files and have noticed this).
As you suggested "trying to check to see if network drives are available" also seems a possibility.