What's new

Post Your SP3 WiFi/Internet Issues Here

uktivo

Wondering if anyone can help me please?

After windows 10 updates occurred on 5th Oct my wireless and bluetooth adapters became inoperable and have now disappeared from my network connections. Only have ethernet adapter.

I have had no previous problems with wireless or bluetooth on my SP3

Drivers are all listed in device manager and supposedly working properly. Have the lastest firmware update successfully installed (29/09/2015).

Microsoft told me to wait for next update and this has occured and I still have no wireless or bluetooth. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers.

I'm not a computer tech and my mobile office is crippled! Help please!
Funnily enough, I have the EXACT same problem as you, again, after the latest MS update. The only difference I have is that my wifi and Bluetooth are fine however, my ethernet connection has gone. My issues are identical. The drivers are all installed on device manager but I can't activate them no matter what.

I've given up on the issue now and decided to reinstall windows 10. This has turned out to be a nightmare also as I don't have a USB image to reinstall.

Last edited:

Gerke

Because of all connectivity issues I decided to go back to the latest driver which didn't cause problems.
Search for the driver package of december 2014 (SurfacePro3_150519.zip), do install de wifidriver and all your problems are gone, stable connection at 5 GHz also ;)

toobookoo

Hi all,

I'm in the UK and have a surface pro 3, which has connected to the internet perfectly for a year or so. However it is now connecting to my home wifi (strong signal) and saying connectivity is limited and hence unable to connect to the internet. All my other mobile devices and home PC are working fine and connecting without a problem.

I have tried obvious things like switching the router on and off and turning off the wifi on my surface and restarting it to no avail. Any ideas would be most welcome.

toobookoo

One post above you states the solution, did you try that?
Hi Gerke,

My problem is I'm not sure how to re-install drivers if I can't connect to the internet. I'm not exactly a computer 'expert' but could probably follow steps and have a go at fixing it. I only have a HDMI-mini diplay connector which I don't think i can use to gain wifi access from my home PC. I do have wifi working on my mobile and I think you can tether? the phone and get access via this but I'm not sure how to do this.

Thanks

Gerke

Hi Gerke,

My problem is I'm not sure how to re-install drivers if I can't connect to the internet. I'm not exactly a computer 'expert' but could probably follow steps and have a go at fixing it. I only have a HDMI-mini diplay connector which I don't think i can use to gain wifi access from my home PC. I do have wifi working on my mobile and I think you can tether? the phone and get access via this but I'm not sure how to do this.

Thanks
You'll have to use another pc to search and download the file I mentioned, maybe form the neighbour?
After unpacking the zip, do install the wifi driver ;)

thunderbolt71

Hi Guys,

does anyone have an idea why WIFI keeps disconnecting and restarting. After several such cycles wifi device does not even start, it is not appearing on network settings at all.

Microsoft official support chat recommended updates. It is not significantly better.
How can I remove shitty Windows 10 and get back toi 8.1? I bought my Surface Pro 3 with 8.1 so paid for it. Now I only can find paying sites so I could BUY again Windows 8.1?! Guys my gut feeling is that Microsoft is playing an ugly game with people.

zibazongo

Hello all,
I am going to make this straightforward and I demand a satisfactory answer.
I have purchased SP3 because it promised professional productivity. Yet, here I am, on a Sunday morning, sitting in front of the screen with a GIANT RED CROSS on my wi fi icon.
I have read all the solutions, geeky explanations, blah blah. I don't have to, and I don't want to. I am a simple user who demands his money's worth.
THIS IS A SCANDAL. How do i give this thing back. Dear Microsoft, please collect this faulty product. Right now, it is making me lose money and time. I have purchased this product in US and I am now in Turkey. Is there a way that I can get a refund? This wifi issue has really killed me, I enjoyed the times I used SP3 but this is just too much, sorry.

zibazongo

And I want to write my issue in case someone offers a temporary fix: My connectivity issue started yesterday. Wifi started to get disabled and I followed some of the instructions here and uninstalled / reinstalled the network adapter. It worked and last night the internet was fine. Today I woke up and there is again a cross on wifi icon. Yet, this time, there are also no network adapters in device manager, LOL. And there is NO INTERNET lol. What do I do now?

thunderbolt71

Dear Zibazongo,

I have very similar feelings. I am not a computer geek so thought to buy an expensive but reliable stuff. In principle what should be more compatible with MS windows than an MS computer???
And Windows 10 after a lot of push from Microsoft was accepted by me and installed. Now connectivity of my Surface Pro 3 is nothing but miserable. I expect Microsoft to fix Windows 10 so that at least its own brand computers run is flawlessly...

Gerke

Call MS support. This way gives you no sollution, ignoring us trying to help. #ignorelisting

If your car brakes down you write it down to a newspaper te get it fixed? Or do you call your garage?
#clueless

Last edited: