What's new

Outlook links

OP
A

afbille

y default browser is Edge. IE11 didn't come with the Surface so I downloaded it from Microsoft. It doesn't show up a an App and I can't choose it as the defaut.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
y default browser is Edge. IE11 didn't come with the Surface so I downloaded it from Microsoft. It doesn't show up a an App and I can't choose it as the defaut.
I only included ie11 info because you said you had it... the gist of what a couple of those are after is seeing if it will work with a different browser as the default. resetting the browser to default settings is another ... although that carries losing things you have ... so testing a different one as the default is less disruptive because you can change it back and you won't lose anything in the process.

then there's the importing registry keys from another computer ... not without risk but if you save the current setting first it's less risky.

Often when there arent better options this is how troubleshooting works, trial and error, process of elimination. if you skip a step for whatever reason you might skip the step that fixes it.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member

sharpuse........My default browser is Edge​

GreyFox7.............Tried all of those​

Yesterday I tried to simulate your issue. During the process, I deliberately deleted my Outlook profile (Settings, search for Control Panel, "Outlook"). After importing a new profile in, hyperlinks were not working. No response at all. This is despite the fact that I imported the profile from my other Surface Book. Only by "creating" a new Outlook profile did it fix the hyperlink problem.