What's new

Solved Noisy kickstand

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contrary to most irresponsible teenagers going to university, my student loans are completely spoken for by a strict budget. I am not even allocating any of it for nights out. I'm mature enough to know not to blow all of my loans on booze and night clubs and things I can't afford. I don't fancy a year of eating pasta and rice :)

daniielrp

Contrary to most irresponsible teenagers going to university, my student loans are completely spoken for by a strict budget. I am not even allocating any of it for nights out. I'm mature enough to know not to blow all of my loans on booze and night clubs and things I can't afford. I don't fancy a year of eating pasta and rice :)

Ha.... I said something like that at the start of uni - I had a budget, rent, everything worked out. Needless to say I spent a year boozing, eating takeaway and enjoying things I couldn't afford.

It was incredible.

smar

Advance replacements ARE available in the UK. I have used it previously, and the whole process was effortless. Assuming you return the faulty unit on time (Microsoft arrange for couriers to pick up from your location, free of charge), you will not be charged on your credit card.

You are given the option when arranging the return on the Microsoft UK website.

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ha.... I said something like that at the start of uni - I had a budget, rent, everything worked out. Needless to say I spent a year boozing, eating takeaway and enjoying things I couldn't afford.

It was incredible.
I havnt had takeout in about a year. Despite living next door to 2 Chinese places, my fav cuisine. Nor have I been to the pub in about 2 years. I have had many years in work learning the importance of sticking with your budget. I'm also a penny pincher. Even if I'm starving, I won't buy a sandwich from a shop because why spend 2 quid when I've some bread back at home I can have later.

Liam2349

I havnt had takeout in about a year. Despite living next door to 2 Chinese places, my fav cuisine. Nor have I been to the pub in about 2 years. I have had many years in work learning the importance of sticking with your budget. I'm also a penny pincher. Even if I'm starving, I won't buy a sandwich from a shop because why spend 2 quid when I've some bread back at home I can have later.

Forget takeaways, it's not even about the money. I can buy it if I want, but it's a waste of nutrition. I always feel better when I eat lean meats and good carbs.

Chicken, steak and tuna makes up the bulk of my diet.

daniielrp

Forget takeaways, it's not even about the money. I can buy it if I want, but it's a waste of nutrition. I always feel better when I eat lean meats and good carbs.

Same here, I think I could easily live the rest of my life on Chicken, Steak, Tuna, Rice and Milk.

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

I couldn't care one bit about the nutrition :)

As much as i love it, chicken, steak, and tuna are all far too expensive to be in any way a regular part of my diet. I'm not going to spend an hours wages on one sirloin steak.

Liam2349

I couldn't care one bit about the nutrition :)

As much as i love it, chicken, steak, and tuna are all far too expensive to be in any way a regular part of my diet. I'm not going to spend an hours wages on one sirloin steak.

I use my student loans. If you're in the UK, Aldi is really good.

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use my student loans. If you're in the UK, Aldi is really good.

My cost of living does not allow me very much of a food budget (rent and bills in London is costing me 70% of my entire student loan. And I am a chef from a background of incredibly high end food (supplying the fat duck etc). I've bought meat from lidl in the past because it was cheaper, and the price truly reflected the quality. I'd rather not eat steak than spend money on lidl steak :) Not the best trait to have as a student :D

Liam2349

My cost of living does not allow me very much of a food budget (rent and bills in London is costing me 70% of my entire student loan. And I am a chef from a background of incredibly high end food (supplying the fat duck etc). I've bought meat from lidl in the past because it was cheaper, and the price truly reflected the quality. I'd rather not eat steak than spend money on lidl steak :) Not the best trait to have as a student :D

I got Wisdom teeth, I can deal with tough Steak. All I care about is the protein.

London is expensive, but I don't live there.

DeltaXray

If you are going to do an advanced replacement, beware that MS will send you a reconditioned, not brand new device.

I was talking with a support rep on the phone and he advised me that I would be best off returning my SP3 to a retailer as I would be guaranteed a swap for a brand new one. He stressed several times that the MS replacement process means that the only time you will get a new one as a replacement is if they do not have any reconditioned ones available first.

OP
H

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
And they're reconditioned for a reason.. :/

The freeze this morning just turned out to be a seperate thing, something acceptable, all tablets and such have a tendancy to do this here and there. I'm actually just considering keeping it til it breaks and then send it back. My issues do not actually cause any loss of usability.

I got Wisdom teeth, I can deal with tough Steak. All I care about is the protein.

London is expensive, but I don't live there.

Unfortunately As of tomorrow I will live there :( gonna be 3 pretty crap years, but ah well, compromises had to be made.

And It's nothing to do with toughness, even the toughest cut of meat can be cooked till tender if you know how. To me it's the flavour. I had the same experience with some pork i got from lidl when it was something like 900g of loin slices for £3 on one of these 1/2 price weekends, and well, it tasted of absolutely nothing. I'm incredibly fussy when it comes to quality of food (although i won't lie, possibly due to being a chef, but for me there is no better burger than a mcdonalds beef burger :D)