What's new

My screen detached from the tablet - swelling part?

FEATHERLITE

My screen has been slowly warping and it finally detached today. And a part underneath looks swollen? Any idea what's going on? I've stopped using it.

Attachments

• 20240719_175308.jpg
    20240719_175308.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93
According to the iFixit guide, (see step 20) the heatsink is the only thing standing between the screen and the battery. My money would be on the battery having swollen up. Actually, if the screen wasn't destroyed by this ordeal, it might actually put you in the unique position of being able to fix it.

According to the iFixit guide, (see step 20) the heatsink is the only thing standing between the screen and the battery. My money would be on the battery having swollen up. Actually, if the screen wasn't destroyed by this ordeal, it might actually put you in the unique position of being able to fix it.
Yeah the screen works just fine. Thank you for the info.

Does this mean there is something wrong with the heatsink? The unit did get hot if I had too many apps/windows open.

Back