What's new

My horror story with Micosoft's service so far

OP
T

tony8154

I pretty much had the same experience (bar the walk ins) mine was all online and it was horrific as well. In the end I also received a satisfactory outcome, but all the brouhaha was totally unnecessary and Microsoft should definitely update their very bad system, and customer service.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

CDG

Glad everything worked out from you.

I am too new with Microsoft to narrate any service experience, good or bad but anytime you have some time to kill I can tell you my accumulation of frustrating experiences with the Apple Genius Bar. :)

Loving my Surface 3

OP
T

tony8154

Glad everything worked out from you.

I am too new with Microsoft to narrate any service experience, good or bad but anytime you have some time to kill I can tell you my accumulation of frustrating experiences with the Apple Genius Bar. :)

Loving my Surface 3
I was always under the impression that Apple's customer service was better. I'd be interested in listening to your story!

CDG

I was always under the impression that Apple's customer service was better. I'd be interested in listening to your story!
In a nutshell, my biggest problem with Apple's CS is that what they tell you over the phone isn't necessarily what the store is going to do, the store makes their independent decisions.

The Apple Store is 30 miles away from me so I expect the store to follow what the CS told me, and not have to make multiple trips for the same issue.

Also, they know very little about the programs for a Mac, in fact I have had better help from BB.

If you have Apple Care ($99), then it is entirely different. Typically they will replace your device, specially iPhone or iPad without any hassle.

Hope that gives you some idea. :)

OP
T

tony8154

In a nutshell, my biggest problem with Apple's CS is that what they tell you over the phone isn't necessarily what the store is going to do, the store makes their independent decisions.

The Apple Store is 30 miles away from me so I expect the store to follow what the CS told me, and not have to make multiple trips for the same issue.

Also, they know very little about the programs for a Mac, in fact I have had better help from BB.

If you have Apple Care ($99), then it is entirely different. Typically they will replace your device, specially iPhone or iPad without any hassle.

Hope that gives you some idea. :)
Ah I see! It looks like both of our cases would have been solved in a better fashion if we both would have purchased the insurance :(