What's new

Monitor arm with Surface Pro

OP
Spaniard

Spaniard

Thank you for your ideas, the winner one is a mix: Velcro + Case! A case also allows you to get different angles when using Surface Pro in "laptop mode" (I'm using a cushion behind Surface Pro to get the perfect angle LOL). I won't use velcro directly in the Surface Pro (too much ghetto) but I will do in the case. Now I'll look for the perfect and cheaper case, having that double use in mind.

mitchellvii

Thank you for your ideas, the winner one is a mix: Velcro + Case! A case also allows you to get different angles when using Surface Pro in "laptop mode" (I'm using a cushion behind Surface Pro to get the perfect angle LOL). I won't use velcro directly in the Surface Pro (too much ghetto) but I will do in the case. Now I'll look for the perfect and cheaper case, having that double use in mind.

Cool. Get good heavy duty velcro. Some of the cheaper ones have weak adhesive on the back.

CrippsCorner

Don't you think the screen is too small for continued use?

I keep my Surface screen on with Messaging running constantly... then expand to an external monitor for browsing etc.

OP
Spaniard

Spaniard

There's not too small, there's too far! As a tablet/laptop I can watch Surface Pro as near as I want or need, I'll use the monitor arm to be able to do that as a desktop too. You even could do that with a 5" phone screen but the eyes can't focus so near. The concept of retina display uses Viewing Distance and Pixels per Degree:
Retina Display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

retina.png
apple-new-ipad-retina-display-math.jpg
Viewing-Distance-Range-for-Normal-Acuity-Medium.png
1080vs4kvs8kvsmore.png

Last edited:

astondg