What's new

Just went out and brought 2 Surface pro 3 for my kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

kundas1

see this is what erks me! we have these people posting stuff about their tablets not working and having trouble which is .03% of ALL SP3 owners and then scaring off people from buying a fantastic device because a couple of people are having trouble with their SP3... OP I can tell you for fact that MY SP3 and others work just fine and bringing it back just because of a "few" people having trouble which only represents .03% and you bring it back? I think you should have done your research a little more thoroughly... but thats just me... and maybe others LOL

JoshB

I have had my Surface Pro 3 i7 256 GB for 4 months and it is a work hog. I have not had any overheating issues. I have not had WiFi issues. I have not had any really noticeable CPU throttling.

I use it for College work. I am an Art student. I spend hours on it running my 3D animation software for homework. I also use it to play games and surf the web. Also watching hours of Netflix on it afterwards. The battery life is fine as long as you watch programs that continuously run in the back ground.

I am glad I ignored all the suspect bad reviews and purchased it. I agree with the only 0.03% being effected.

Aeron15

you should've tried it out yourself to see if you are experiencing those problems

But anyway, I am not sure if your kids will like the SP3. I think kids prefer the ipads or android tablets because of the amount of games they can play on it. if your 'kids' are on college level, they will love it.

OP
J

jake

I have had my Surface Pro 3 i7 256 GB for 4 months and it is a work hog. I have not had any overheating issues. I have not had WiFi issues. I have not had any really noticeable CPU throttling.

I use it for College work. I am an Art student. I spend hours on it running my 3D animation software for homework. I also use it to play games and surf the web. Also watching hours of Netflix on it afterwards. The battery life is fine as long as you watch programs that continuously run in the back ground.

I am glad I ignored all the suspect bad reviews and purchased it. I agree with the only 0.03% being effected.

Josh have you used the pen for taking notes and how effective is it for translating to Microsoft word and excel ( like physic or calculus 3 problems and writing an essay )

kundas1

Josh have you used the pen for taking notes and how effective is it for translating to Microsoft word and excel ( like physic or calculus 3 problems and writing an essay )

I think Jnjraoch and ctitanic will be able to answer that question as they heavily use the pen and have alot of experience using the pen

kristalsoldier

Though not directed at me, I use the Pen to take/ make notes all the time. I do so in OneNote mainly and occasionally in MS Word 2013. Usually in Word, I use the pen to make notations and to write comments on the work of others which I mark and assess. And, yes, it works brilliantly. I use the SP3 for about 12-14 hours a day and I get an average of 8.5 hours of battery life. I think - and this is just a personal option grounded on hands-on use - that the SP3 is probably the best machine I've every use against the backdrop that sees me extoll the virtues of the ThinkPad X201!!! In my books that's saying a lot (of positive things) about the SP3.

leeshor

That may need to go to a new thread on that pen issue. This one is going nowhere fast and the OP has made his point.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.