What's new

hard, adjustable case?

chrisleung

I just bought the newest MOKO Slim Fit case for my surface, and it rocks!

Amazon.com : MoKo Slim-fit Type / Touch Keyboard Cover Companion Sleeve Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 10.6" Inch Windows 8 Tablet, WHITE : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Cases : Electronics

has a few different angles, works great w/o keyboard in bed, and can flip the case backwards while on desk to get better angles while using the Type Cover.. Also has a pen holder on the back, and does not cover ventilation! So far I think it works great!

Hey Minimojoman, thanks for sharing the cover with us, it looks nice.

I read through the reviews and noticed a few issues:
-Multiple angles (grooves) are not fully compatible with the type/touch cover -- the keyboard doesn't lay flat
-Can't flip your keyboard behind the Surface; you have to remove the keyboard entirely
-Is a folder, not a case (doesn't cover the edges of the surface when closed)

Can you tell us about how you use the case with the type/touch cover? It looks like you have to lay the case flat behind the surface. Are multiple angles still available?

minimojoman

It is true that the grooves make the keyboard lay a little off the ground but it seems to work fine, although while using the grooves I find the angle comfortable enough to use the on-screen keyboard which works great for casual use. When I want to type something heavy, I usually find that I am at a desk/table and in that case I flip the case over and yes it does support multiple angles while flipped backwards.. I should make a short video on youtube. I'll get on it.

Edit: Check it ---> [video=youtube_share;vZm-UZiE0nA]http://youtu.be/vZm-UZiE0nA[/video]

Last edited:

chrisleung

It is true that the grooves make the keyboard lay a little off the ground but it seems to work fine, although while using the grooves I find the angle comfortable enough to use the on-screen keyboard which works great for casual use. When I want to type something heavy, I usually find that I am at a desk/table and in that case I flip the case over and yes it does support multiple angles while flipped backwards.. I should make a short video on youtube. I'll get on it.

Minimojoman, appreciate your fair review of the case. Great job!

After seeing your video, the Amazon reviews make a lot more sense.

What I like in particular about this case is how it snaps onto/protects the corners of the Surface and leaves most of the display uncovered; it's minimal.

Some problems with it:
-Doesn't protect edges of the surface when closed (since it's a folder, not a case)
-Can't use it on your lap with the touch/type cover
-Takes a lot of space on the desk when using it with the touch/type cover
-Can't rotate the keyboard behind the Surface
-Flimsy when holding the surface by hand without the type cover

Granted everyone uses their Surface differently, so these may not be issues for everyone.

As a shameless plug for the case I've built, I think it solves all the problems above. :) But we'll see what people think -- I'm going to be making some prototypes for people to test out, so if you're interested in trying one out, let me know!

minimojoman

Yes, while it isn't perfect, the slim moko case is the only case out right now that looked appealing to me and covered at least some of what I wanted. I needed some protection for it! All in all I give the Moko Case a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

I would love to try a prototype of your case. And if I like it, I might just buy it! :-D Very compact looking.