What's new

Freezing/Locked Up

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Is Malwarebytes running a Service?

Any applications that runs as a Service (Steam, iPlayer, Anti-Malware, etc. ) could cause this as well....

olimjj

Yes I would only have 1 real time protection running, until you can confirm that they can coexist and if there is any benefit in implementing that scenario.

raqball

Ok will do.. I thought Windows Defender was for anti virus and Malwarebytes was for all the other crud..

olimjj

I believe defender does have a anti-malware component, but it doesn't address the co-exist aspect, even if it did not.

Last edited:

olimjj

To be honest I do not like to add services as a general rule. In fact I try minimize them if possible, along with all the unnecessary start up programs. I mainly depend on Defender, and run Malwarebytes manually on occasion (not as a service or running in the background) if I want to get extra reassurance.

Last edited:

raqball

Ok cool.. I left Defender running in background and turned off real time protection for Malwarebytes.. I will just run a weekly scan with Malwarebytes from here on out..

I wonder if that was my issue.

olimjj

One more thing, I would also check your start up programs. You can use task manager and also CCleaner - Tools -Startup.