What's new

Flashlight blinking when turning on and off

RémiM

Hi there,

Is anyone else having this issue (if it's an issue): front facing flashlight blinking when turning on or off the device.

If yes, how to solve it ?

Thanks!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine blinks when i turn on. Whether right or wrong i simply attibute it to a power on self test of sorts. I really don't see the issue (unless your's is pretending to be a strobe light; mine just blinks maybe twice, that's it)

OP
RémiM

RémiM

As long as my Pro 3 doesn't do it, I wondered why my S3 does it. But I agree with you, it's not an annoying issue.

Thanks for your answer.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know, maybe it's simply because the different camera module is designed slightly differently.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It probably shouldn't happen but I would attribute it to a timing hole. As timing holes go "all timing holes are infinite" meaning no mater how small they are you always fall into it.

OP
RémiM

RémiM

It probably shouldn't happen but I would attribute it to a timing hole. As timing holes go "all timing holes are infinite" meaning no mater how small they are you always fall into it.

What's the reason of a timing hole ? Processor related I guess ?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the reason of a timing hole ? Processor related I guess ?
Design or implementation issue, could be firmware, the order you start things etc. The CPU is part of the design.
If you implement the same way with faster and slower CPUs and get an issue then you didn't account for the difference in the design or implementation.

I like that the unit does this. At times when you are believing that the unit might be hung up, seeing the light flash lets me know that the unit is working properly. I look at it more of a feature than anything else.