What's new

By the 20th?

Purchased SP3 and black keyboard from Microsoft online. On may 21. 12:01 AM.

About 3 hours ago i received tracking information for black keyboard. just now tracking on UPS.com. Shows sent via UPS ground, to arrive June 20th. I guess they shipped from a nearby location.

Just now received additional tracking number for sp3. not tracking yet on UPS.com

Shipment going to Richmond Virginia.

Lets cross our fingers :)

You and I are in the same exact situation.

Anyone in my situation? Type cover notification received hours ago and delivery date is tomorrow, but no tracking number notification for SP3. Account page still says in progress. :(

Anyone in my situation? Type cover notification received hours ago and delivery date is tomorrow, but no tracking number notification for SP3. Account page still says in progress. :(

A lot of people are at this point in the process. Keep checking every few hours. I JUST received tracking for the SP3.

My surface pro is coming from Ontario, CA ...
I lived in San Francisco, so for sure it will be here tomorrow.

I believe microsoft have distribution centers around the US.

My tracking number just was accepted at the UPS site....
I have GROUND as shipping with a delivery date of 6/20 END OF DAY

So I ordered the first unit from the Microsoft Store on 6/15. They didn't give me the student discount so they "fixed" the issue by creating another order the same day. So now I have two orders. Called to have the higher priced unit cancelled, but they told me that's not possible and I'll have to return one of them when they arrive.

The rep told me just 30 minutes ago that there is no shipping date that he can see in his system. The credit card has been charged (twice) but no notification of shipping. Luckily I had ordered a unit in the physical Microsoft store at the Mall, so I can always swing by there tomorrow. Didn't want to give up the FatWallet.com 8% discount on top of the 10% student discount.

Tidbit! If you call UPS Domestic Line (1-800-PICK-UPS), you can schedule a UPS WillCall at your local UPS office right now. If they try and say they must fail in delivery once before this is a option, that's not true, you can change the package as long as its not at the local hub. This has to be done before it arrives at your local hub. (IE; right now!) That way you can pick up your package bright and early 8/9am respectively in most situations and not worry about the "waiting" hassle. I normally do this for my UPS Packages with UPS MyChoice, but that only works for Residential addresses. I shipped the Surface to my work :). Stoked to get it with the WillCall sooner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back