What's new

By the 20th?

Best Buy Order

I ordered through Best Buy too, but I ain't gonna get my panties twisted up about getting it the beginning of the next week if that's what happens. At least I got to use my Reward points to offset the cost. For what it's worth though...my status shows up the same as yours...

I wondered about the Best Buy delivery, but I do know they ship directly from the store if the item is in stock. I had preordered via the web and chose the only option of shipping...called Best Buy today and asked them to change it to a pick-up at store. Rep put me on hold a few minutes and then came back. She said I'm all set. They have them and I can come pick it up any time Friday. Originally ordered it 6/16. I am pumped ! Might be worth a try if you're unsure of ship time. I checked my order online a minute after the call and sure enough it was pickup. 256GB with black typecover.

Well, card was charged the full amount. The only shipping information though, was for my type cover. MS website says the surface is still in process, but the type cover.. in the same order, says complete. Bummer, I may be waiting until next week.

Still trucking along in FL with zero-zilch-nadda on info. Ordered on 5/29, i5 128gb, black touch cover, educational discount. Lala. No apparent charges/denys etc on my card yet. Order still says in process.

Still trucking along in FL with zero-zilch-nadda on info. Ordered on 5/29, i5 128gb, black touch cover, educational discount. Lala. No apparent charges/denys etc on my card yet. Order still says in process.

Same here. I'm in TX, and I ordered the i5/256gb with the red type cover using the edu discount as well. I'm thinking tomorrow should be the day we are charged and receive our shipping info since my previous pre-orders were shipped using UPS Next Day delivery. Staying positive :)

Well, my cars has been charged. UPS doesn't have my package yet, so I'm doubtful of getting it by tomorrow, but we'll see.

Well I am pissed. I got a shipment notification but it's for the type cover only.

The eff is my Surface? I ordered June 1st and it said ships by the 20th...

I knew I should had kept my order or upgraded at the damn microsoft store...hopefully my boyfriend got his affiliate money though.

Just super bummed...

Last edited:
Well I am pissed. I got a shipment notification but it's for the type cover only.

I knew I should had kept my order or upgraded at the damn microsoft store...hopefully my boyfriend got his affiliate money though.

Just super bummed...

I got the same thing and even on the Microsoft website it shows that my keyboard is complete and my tablet is still in process. But I have faith that this is just 2 different people pulling my order and part two will be completed before too long.

Just super bummed...

I got the same thing and even on the Microsoft website it shows that my keyboard is complete and my tablet is still in process. But I have faith that this is just 2 different people pulling my order and part two will be completed before too long.

I actually had the same thing happen with my Surface Pro 2 where I initially received the shipping notification for the Type Cover 2 but not the Surface Pro 2. It wasn't until the day before release when I received the shipping notification for the Pro 2 as well. I spoke with a Microsoft Rep then and they assured me I would receive both on release.

I just received shipping confirmation for just the Surface Pro 3. No mention of the red type cover. I ordered both on 5/21/14. They charged full cost of both to my card.

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, I have a similar issue from Worst Buy. SP3 is preparing, type cover is still listed as "status not available" and stuck on "payment validated".

Of course, I can live without the type cover for a week if I HAVE to...

Latest posts

Back