What's new

Bluetooth Mouse options

lkailburn

What updates are you talking about? I just picked up a wedge. Figured its probably one of the better, smaller travel Bluetooth mice out there at the moment.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

T

TheConstruct

How does the Razer Oroichi track? Is it as alert and stable as a standard mouse?
Of the few BT Mice I've used the tracking sucked.

vinumsv

I Use this BT Mouse and it works perfectly fine with my SP Pro

41vFdAPiEQL._SY300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Gear Head Blue Tooth Laser Mouse for Mac Book Pro, Silver with Black Accents (BT9500BLK): Electronics

nForcer

I use an older Dell branded "mini" bluetooth mouse. I get mine with an older laptop and loved the feel and function (rolling wheel and 2 left side programable buttons). Battery life is exceptional with almost 1 year since battery change and I use it daily.
You can find it on eBay and other "used" sites for about $15-25 in a couple of collors. I have one that is black for my laptop and one that is red for my SP. This keeps me from the confusion of which mouse is paired with which device.

T

TheConstruct

I use an older Dell branded "mini" bluetooth mouse. I get mine with an older laptop and loved the feel and function (rolling wheel and 2 left side programable buttons). Battery life is exceptional with almost 1 year since battery change and I use it daily.
You can find it on eBay and other "used" sites for about $15-25 in a couple of collors. I have one that is black for my laptop and one that is red for my SP. This keeps me from the confusion of which mouse is paired with which device.

That is amazing battery live for a BT Mouse, and is the type of mouse I am looking for. I am of the opinion that mice without Forward and back buttons are a as useless as a mouse without a Scroll Wheel and Middle Button.

Could I trouble you for a model number?

AtlantaGeek

I'm using a Microsoft Sculpt Mouse and it seems to work fairly well. However, it doesn't have a scroll wheel. Instead it uses a raised rectangular "swipe bar" or whatever they call it. It does allow scrolling to the left and right as well as up and down which is nice and you can tell they did that for Windows 8. It's about the size of a medium sized USB or corded mouse so it fits the hand well. If it had a scroll wheel, I'd be even happier with it but as is, it works fairly well for what I need and it does free up that USB port.

I use the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort mouse. It's bluetooth, has a scroll wheel and connects fairly quickly every time I bring up my Surface Pro. I like it a lot. The only negative I can say about it is that I occasionally have some issues with it's tracking. Not sure yet what exactly what causes these issues but they don't seem to happen often enough for me to worry about it too much. I like the size of it as I have a Wenger (Swiss Army) Legacy case and my mouse and my power cables fit very well in the pouch. (by the way.......I highly recommend the Wenger notebook sleeve)

chrisoldroyd

Can't get the Magic Mouse to work, got the boot camp drivers installed, plus a utility but it works for a few minutes then disconnects. Doesn't reconnect on a reboot either.

Anyone got this working?

Wayne Orwig

I got a Logitech T630 mouse last month.
I really like the touch ability and that it can directly control Win 8 like it does.

Wayne Orwig

Dose it require SetPoint to function properly?

I had used it for about a week before I had time to even look into such things. I finally go around to installing Setpoint, and if I recall, it improved the way the scrolling feature worked. So it adds some features, but isn't required.

T

TheConstruct

I had used it for about a week before I had time to even look into such things. I finally go around to installing Setpoint, and if I recall, it improved the way the scrolling feature worked. So it adds some features, but isn't required.

That's good to know. The T650 is all but useless without SetPoint.