What's new

anyone else not like the touch type cover? let me count the way but....

johnknee

It all depends on one's preference. I like the thinness of the touch cover but end up buying the type cover because of the feedback on the keys.

roteixeira

It all depends on one's preference. I like the thinness of the touch cover but end up buying the type cover because of the feedback on the keys.

Exactly. I like my touch cover but as soon as possible I will buy a type cover. Touch is great but after a while, specially if you type a lot like I do, the tip of your fingers will get awfully sour.

I hope MS will release a "big" Bluetooth keyboard with W8 keys, so I can use it on office and use the touch cover at home or on my commute.

Ruffles

I've had the type keyboard since I bought my Surface Pro but it developed a problem so I've sent it back to MS for replacement. In the mean time, Best Buy had a touch keyboard 50% off as it was open box so I picked it up. I like how it feels folded back in tablet mode and if I'm purposefully typing on it (facing the tablet square on with my hands in proper position) I find I can type just fine.

The difference I've noticed is all the times I just want to reach over and type something real quick. I can't orient myself and find home row by feel like I can with the type. I have to look for it. Also, I'm never sure if I didn't press a key hard enough or if I missed the key (I know the clicks should help with that but I usually have the volume pretty low).

For me, when my type keyboard comes back, I'll probably use it much more often but the touch is still vastly better than the virtual onscreen keyboard.

JohnF

I spend most of the with the cover either flipped back or with it removed altogether. When I do have it flipped back I don't like the feel of the keys so if I know I'm going to have it that way for a while I just attach it backwards. That way when it's flipped back I feel the felt side against my hands and it feels a lot better. Having it attached backwards doesn't seem to effect it in any way.

starLog

I have both, and the type is my favorite. The touch makes me type like an idiot, to many mistakes, mostly near the enter/ shift keys.

CrippsCorner

I spend most of the with the cover either flipped back or with it removed altogether. When I do have it flipped back I don't like the feel of the keys so if I know I'm going to have it that way for a while I just attach it backwards. That way when it's flipped back I feel the felt side against my hands and it feels a lot better. Having it attached backwards doesn't seem to effect it in any way.

Never thought of this, I'll have to give it a go!