What's new

Acronis Image backup of Surface Pro 3

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I quit using Acronis because every version has reportedly been worse than the last and riddled with bugs. Dumbed Down yes, that's the current theme with everything, dumber and dumber then more dumber and dumber still. :( sounds like the name of a movie or something ...

leeshor

I don't use Acronis any more either and I probably had it on 30-40 systems at one point in time. My main problem was trying to support all those different versions where they continually changed the way it worked and the interface, for very little reason imo. Those were not minor interface changes either and it happen with every version for the last few years.

B

B'midbar

I don't use Acronis any more either and I probably had it on 30-40 systems at one point in time. My main problem was trying to support all those different versions where they continually changed the way it worked and the interface, for very little reason imo. Those were not minor interface changes either and it happen with every version for the last few years.

Agreed. I've used all of Acronis, Easeus and Macrium, plus the tools that come with WD, Seagate and Samsung drives over the years. These days I use the free version of Macrium Reflect and a bootable stick.

leeshor

One thing I like about Macrium is that you never need to check to see if it's up-to-date as it checks for you when executed. It also will remind you to make a recover CD if you forget, and it just works.