What's new

Yellow streak reduction???

marci2411

Thanks for the tip!
Just tried it and it ameliorated :)
Hard to belive that such a small thing solves the problem but its very great.

Switch6

I learned a new word today: Ameliorate. I did the above trick and it cleared up most of the yellow streak on the left side. I've been an owner since day one and happened to just notice the discoloration a couple days ago. I'm sure with a few more "applications" of the low-tech hack the discoloration will go away or become very hard to spot.

Many, many thanks!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Wonderful tip. Might need it someday, more likely than I will find the need to use the word "ameliorated". :)

Ordnas

First thing I noticed when I performed my ocd check. Just tried the above solution and it seemed to have worked. Thanks! Now need a way to get rid of backlight bleed (not bad enough to return, but would love a fix)..

Kif

First thing I noticed when I performed my ocd check. Just tried the above solution and it seemed to have worked. Thanks! Now need a way to get rid of backlight bleed (not bad enough to return, but would love a fix)..

My SP3 is exactly the same. I'm not super happy with the screen quality between the backlight bleed and yellow streak. It's not a deal breaker but it's disappointing for a top tier product.

BillJ

I hate to say this, guys, but I saw the same yellow streak on the Surface 3 that was on display at Best Buy.

BillJ

You should have given in to your Medical natural instincts and applied the "Amelioration Technique":):)

Indeed I did; unfortunately there is a high degree of attenuation of the amelioration technique subject to tachyphylaxis. (i.e. it doesn't work after you apply it frequently...)

Kif

I hate to say this, guys, but I saw the same yellow streak on the Surface 3 that was on display at Best Buy.

I've seen it on multiple systems some worst than others. It's probably a combination problem with QC and product design.

OP
O

olimjj

Indeed I did; unfortunately there is a high degree of attenuation of the amelioration technique subject to tachyphylaxis. (i.e. it doesn't work after you apply it frequently...)

To prevent/lessen the occurrence of the above, matter of fact application should be discouraged. It should not be used as a ritual prophylaxis; but rather used in moderation, when it's visibility/annoyance factor warrants it. I personally have not experienced this phenomena. It is not a panacea. YRMV