What's new

WOW! It's available!

CrippsCorner

That totally sucks. I looked at one at a store and it looked quite good for the price. Here, most stores charge $100, but the Microsoft store only charges $70. Some other retailers also discount it.

BTW, this is my first message on my new SP3! It's pretty awesome. Even this 12" screen has small print for my old eyes. A 7" screen would be unbearable.

:)

I have terrible eyesight and have just moved into a flat (my first time away from home) and actually I'm seeing my usage of my Surface change quite a bit. Whereas before I was at a desk with my Surface docked most of the time, now I'm using it on its own quite a lot and man am I starting to struggle with the screen size! Almost tempted to upgrade now... but I think I'll just get a desk back in there for the time being; the cheaper choice.

malberttoo

More like blowing smoke up... While zooming in on a website or document may increase the size of text on the website or in the documents, it does nothing to the text in the application... the menus, etc.

This works fine on Metro IE.

I specifically stated "web browser", not Word or anything else you want to argue about.

Last edited:
OP
jrioux

jrioux

how can anyone compare the HP 7 to the S3? the HP 7 is only 7" and the s3 is 10" ... S3 wins hands down IMHO
It's all about the price, kundas. The S3 is 7 times as expensive as the HP7, so it certainly should be way better. However, for under $100, the HP look pretty good.

OP
jrioux

jrioux

yea because its (SP3) 7 times better DUH! LOL :p
I said that the S3 is 7 times more expensive than the HP7. The SP3 is 11 times more expensive than the HP7. While I think that the HP7 looks great for the price, I also bought an SP3.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only 4 times more expensive over here. Or have you picked the most expensive model/added on keyboard and pen to make the comparisson? Like saying the iwatch is 100 times more expensive than the moto 360.

OP
jrioux

jrioux

Only 4 times more expensive over here. Or have you picked the most expensive model/added on keyboard and pen to make the comparisson? Like saying the iwatch is 100 times more expensive than the moto 360.
I really feel for those of you in the UK.

The HP Stream 7 is only $79 from the Microsoft online store and I've seen it as low as $69. Over here, the cheapest S3 w/o any extras is $499 and the cheapest SP3 is $799. At $69 for the HP, the S3 is 7.23 times more expensive and the SP3 is 11.58 times more expensive. At $79, the multipliers are only 6.32 and 10.11, respectively.

If I could get an S3 for only $316 (4 x $79), I'd buy a spare.