What's new

WOW! It's available!

netuser

i just went to a MS store and found this little guy... I can say that this is more of a tablet than the SP pro 3. The size make a tangible difference
Yes. I read that Microsoft Stores will have display units in the stores before you can buy them. Reviews should also be posted online in the next few weeks. I'm not sure when the review embargo ends, but I don't think it it is that far away.
I may check it out next week if the early reviews are good.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Went to the local Best Buy to see if they had the Surface 3 on display as rumored. No, not there but ...
The head geek checked with the big Kahuna and the skinny is, the Best Buy locations with the Microsoft stores inside do have them on display.

My local Best Buy will be getting an MS section in May ... rats :( ... there's another Best Buy location about 12 miles away the has the Microsoft store so I'll probably get over there soon.

OP
jrioux

jrioux

Yeah she was close to pulling the trigger when it was recently reduced to £50 but by the time I went to order the price had gone up! :(
That totally sucks. I looked at one at a store and it looked quite good for the price. Here, most stores charge $100, but the Microsoft store only charges $70. Some other retailers also discount it.

BTW, this is my first message on my new SP3! It's pretty awesome. Even this 12" screen has small print for my old eyes. A 7" screen would be unbearable.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That totally sucks. I looked at one at a store and it looked quite good for the price. Here, most stores charge $100, but the Microsoft store only charges $70. Some other retailers also discount it.

BTW, this is my first message on my new SP3! It's pretty awesome. Even this 12" screen has small print for my old eyes. A 7" screen would be unbearable.
Kick the ZOOM up a notch.

kundas1

how can anyone compare the HP 7 to the S3? the HP 7 is only 7" and the s3 is 10" ... S3 wins hands down IMHO

OP
jrioux

jrioux

Well I'm probably about to blow your mind... but if you're using a web browser, then simply un-pinch (spread)...
More like blowing smoke up... While zooming in on a website or document may increase the size of text on the website or in the documents, it does nothing to the text in the application... the menus, etc.