What's new

Solved Word downloads file every time I open it

Liam2349

Every time I open a document in Word, it downloads it, which takes a few seconds. Is there any way to just open the local version? I still want it to check for a newer version, but then open the local one once it realizes that it's the latest version.

I made it available offline in OneDrive but it's still downloading it every time. How can I get it to make documents available offline by default and use the local version?

nnthemperor

If it's a few seconds wait then what the heck. A little patience never hurts. LOL
Seriously though try opening the file from within word itself. That is after the program launches click the document from the list of recently opened docs on the left side of the screen. Alternatively you can pin docs you open so often.

OP
L

Liam2349

If it's a few seconds wait then what the heck. A little patience never hurts. LOL
Seriously though try opening the file from within word itself. That is after the program launches click the document from the list of recently opened docs on the left side of the screen. Alternatively you can pin docs you open so often.

I was opening it from within Word. I know it's only a few seconds but it would be nice for instant opening.

leeshor

It sounds like you are using the same link Word originally uses, (an MRU in tech terms). You would need to navigate to the downloaded file on the local drive to create a new MRU link. Just a guess though.