What's new

With This Kind of Customer Support Surface Will Fail!

mapexvenus

Background:

I ordered a 32 GB surface (without touch cover) and a type cover. I received confirmation along with notification of shipment for the type cover. The 32 GB Surface showed up as "will ship in 3 weeks)

First call to CS to inquire about my Surface shipping:

- I was told that the Surface would be shipped to reach me on 10/26 even though there was no tracking number and status change on orders status.

Second call:

- I was told that the Surface would ship in 3 weeks. I specifically argued that this was NOT the information I was provided in the previous call and was told very clearly that I would NOT receive my Surface tomorrow. I even threatened to cancel to no avail.

Third call:

- I was told that the Surface would be delivered on 10/26. I argued (again) that I was given conflicting information the past two times. The rep apologized and said that they were doing their best but reiterated that I would receive my device tomorrow. I specifically asked the customer rep whether I should go to the MS store and buy a surface and she told me that my order would deliver tomorrow.

I am certain that if I call back, someone will tell me that my Surface will deliver in three weeks.

WTF??

J515OP

Super Moderator
Take a deep breath, it will be ok :eek:mg: Seriously, they are shipping presumably millions of these things there are going to be some mistakes and some confusion. People may get their tablet a day or two or week later than they think. Customer service reps are going to make mistakes. I can only imagine how many people are making the same call as you trying to figure out the nano second the delivery guy will ring the bell.

See if it comes tomorrow and if you receive any further confirmation updates. If not, then call again on Monday after the initial delivery round is out and see what they say. Maybe you missed the pre-order batch and got put on the waiting list. I understand you are excited but no sense in having a heart attack over this or you will never get to see your new toy :cool2:

Last edited:

Ecnad

This is the new norm for highly-anticipated products. The customer support people are telling you what they have been told, because that is literally all they have know.

Each order was boxed and stacked on pallets in China. This is done so that they can sail through customs with one large shipping manifest per pallet, rather than each individual box getting scrutinized. The downside tot his is that it takes time to get all the info up to date on the US side. MS doesn't want to release tracking info early, and get their phones flooded by people with "not found" tracking numbers because their orders haven't gotten into the system yet as an individual package. By now, obviously, if you are going to get the tablet tomorrow, it is here int he states... but all the tracking info hasn't been matched up to user accounts yet.

I expect most of us will get shipping notices tonight, though I have already found my package with the Fedex trick. Have you tried searching FedEx by your order number (minus the "MS")?

OP
M

mapexvenus

This is the new norm for highly-anticipated products. The customer support people are telling you what they have been told, because that is literally all they have know.

Each order was boxed and stacked on pallets in China. This is done so that they can sail through customs with one large shipping manifest per pallet, rather than each individual box getting scrutinized. The downside tot his is that it takes time to get all the info up to date on the US side. MS doesn't want to release tracking info early, and get their phones flooded by people with "not found" tracking numbers because their orders haven't gotten into the system yet as an individual package. By now, obviously, if you are going to get the tablet tomorrow, it is here int he states... but all the tracking info hasn't been matched up to user accounts yet.

I expect most of us will get shipping notices tonight, though I have already found my package with the Fedex trick. Have you tried searching FedEx by your order number (minus the "MS")?

I tried looking it up on FedEx but there were no results returned. The same search worked on UPS, but this is for the type cover for which I already have shipping information. I bought the type cover and 32 GB in the same order, but they are two separate items.