What's new

windows 8.1 Code name Blue

slice2013

Question: I was reading the article on the homepage that take you to verge on an article how Windows 8.1 will give you an option to bypass the metro start screen on boot to go directly to the desktop. I am confused as when I boot or restart I go directly to the desktop and not into the start screen in metro. Do other users experience the same thing or does that not apply to us?

Also can someone help me so i can post or respond in the forums using Metro IE? I asked on another post from me, just can't post as the keyboard keeps closing and it only happens on this forum. I can post on any other forums without this issue. Thanks for the guidance.

Last edited:

Sin

There has been quite a bit of speculation on what the next update to Windows 8 will include, but until Microsoft states what will be included, it all just speculation. For the disappearing on-screen keyboard, change your default editor in the forum under Settings - General Settings - Message Editor Interface to Enhanced WYSIWYG and the on-screen keyboard should behave better. The forum seems to glitch and close the on-screen keyboard if set to the Basic or Standard. Hope the helps.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Hi slice, are you using the startup folder to launch desktop apps when your Surface comes on? If so this will launch you to the desktop. If you remove everything from the startup folder you should launch to the Start screen instead. In addition to the fix above if you use desktop IE and choose compatibility mode it should correct the forum issues.

ArnoldC

<snip>
Also can someone help me so i can post or respond in the forums using Metro IE? I asked on another post from me, just can't post as the keyboard keeps closing and it only happens on this forum. I can post on any other forums without this issue. Thanks for the guidance.

I posted a video on how you can overcome this vBulletin issue without changing the forum settings. Really easy, for me at least.