What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruinah

I am still on 10166 but I have a weird keyboard problem. This may be limited to just this one app but I run a Citrix Receiver app for a desktop for work access. Anytime I open an email in the desktop it opens up the on screen keyboard. I am docked and have a wireless mouse and keyboard attached which work fine everywhere else. I don't know why it keeps popping the keyboard. Is there a way to make it stop popping up temporarily and then turn it back on when I undock maybe? Probably something Citrix needs to sort out in their client but was wondering if there was a workaround.

wditters

When troubleshooting some LAN connection time-outs on my Microsoft SP3 Docking Station I discovered that the chipset in fact is a Realtek RTL8153/8152 or GBe USB (possibly the 8153) chipset. Drivers can be found on the link below, including newer W10 drivers than the ones that MS offers .. in my case it seemd to resolve the connection time-outs :)

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Realtek/Lan/RTL8153-RTL8152B/

Installation is manual and therefore similar to the Intel HD Graphics drivers: Select the network card, right click properties, driver, update driver, browse my computer, let me pick, have disk etc ...

Last edited:

gbenrus25

Has anyone found a better alternative to the photos app? Sad that you can no longer even view your pictures based on folders and you now have to only rely on automatic albums created for you. Silly really

cliffr39

Has anyone found a better alternative to the photos app? Sad that you can no longer even view your pictures based on folders and you now have to only rely on automatic albums created for you. Silly really

I've used irfan view in the past, but haven't installed it on my Win10 SP3, as I don't have any photos (or anything really) on it.

doctormeatusa

When troubleshooting some LAN connection time-outs on my Microsoft SP3 Docking Station I discovered that the chipset in fact is a Realtek RTL8153 USB GBe chipset. Drivers can be found on the link below, including newer W10 drivers than the ones that MS offers .. in my case it seemd to resolve the connection time-outs :)

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Realtek/Lan/RTL8153-RTL8152B/

Installation is manual and therefore similar to the Intel HD Graphics drivers: Select the network card, right click properties, driver, update driver, browse my computer, let me pick, have disk etc ...
So did this fix your connectivity problems with the docking station?

r0b123

Speaking of Insider Hub, I saw this update "Feature on Demand for X64 (Insider Hub)" on the list when I checked for an update. Installing now, anyone know what this does?

Compusmurf

Speaking of Insider Hub, I saw this update "Feature on Demand for X64 (Insider Hub)" on the list when I checked for an update. Installing now, anyone know what this does?
cleaning my post. I was grouchy earlier.

This is just some updates to the insider hub app you have probably installed. They are changing deployment to live.

Last edited:

Compusmurf

Any idea why I am unable to download the Insider Hub App from the Store?
You haven't been able to use the appstore version for like 3 releases now. You should go back and read the release notes for the last few releases and it'll tell you the correct way to install it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.