Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTiceman

So yet another week and no official new build, so sad

Also no 6/23 firmware update, but I did get 5/14 again

Last edited:

SWYost

I am sorry but do people realize how childish and self absorbed you sound when you whine about no new builds? There are good reasons for the delay. To put it simply they are attempting to deal with some serious bugs in 10130 that need to be fixed. The nature of some of the driver complaints here, Windows Update errors, and the content of recent Windows Update pushes from Microsoft should make that obvious. This is also not speculation on my part since I am aware of one particular bug related to data syncing on which I have been working with people from Microsoft.

You are all aware that the actual goal here is not to provide you with new toys but to beta test the new OS? There is simply no point to releasing a new public build until they fix major issues with the current one. The only thing to be gained by doing otherwise is to risk cascade errors on a larger pool of machines and/or create cumulative issues that could threaten the overall schedule. Private builds are private for a reason. They are not meant for wide spread testing which means use can have unintended consequences and feedback can end up being on dead end elements not targeted for the 7/29 release. Use at your own risk or wait for a bug fixed new public one from which they can build feedback to meet their release schedule. BTW, if people would provide Microsoft with actual detailed feedback with screenshots and clear information regarding how to replicate errors, instead of the whining, non-specific bug complaints, and one-line waste of bandwidth responses drowning the feedback system, you might see new builds more frequently.

A new build should be out soon. Take a deep breath, exhibit some patience, and wait for it.....

Compusmurf

10154 build about to be leaked. It was sent out to partners. LOL and SWYost, nobody is officially reporting bugs on leaks. That's silly.

FYI, latest internal MS build is 10158 built yesterday.

GTiceman

I am sorry but do people realize how childish and self absorbed you sound when you whine about no new builds? There are good reasons for the delay. To put it simply they are attempting to deal with some serious bugs in 10130 that need to be fixed. The nature of some of the driver complaints here, Windows Update errors, and the content of recent Windows Update pushes from Microsoft should make that obvious. This is also not speculation on my part since I am aware of one particular bug related to data syncing on which I have been working with people from Microsoft.

You are all aware that the actual goal here is not to provide you with new toys but to beta test the new OS? There is simply no point to releasing a new public build until they fix major issues with the current one. The only thing to be gained by doing otherwise is to risk cascade errors on a larger pool of machines and/or create cumulative issues that could threaten the overall schedule. Private builds are private for a reason. They are not meant for wide spread testing which means use can have unintended consequences and feedback can end up being on dead end elements not targeted for the 7/29 release. Use at your own risk or wait for a bug fixed new public one from which they can build feedback to meet their release schedule. BTW, if people would provide Microsoft with actual detailed feedback with screenshots and clear information regarding how to replicate errors, instead of the whining, non-specific bug complaints, and one-line waste of bandwidth responses drowning the feedback system, you might see new builds more frequently.

A new build should be out soon. Take a deep breath, exhibit some patience, and wait for it.....

You are new here so I assume you will be cut some slack. There is no need for this post. It is rude and uncalled for. This community functions in a given way. Nobody is really complaining about a lack of a new build. This thread specifically is for discussion of Windows 10 so those of us who are active in this thread want to be on the cutting edge. Most of the comments about lack of a new build are more joking comment and a jest toward the "Fast" ring and the statements by MS that builds would be delivered more rapidly and possibly with more issues as that is what the Insiders in the Fast ring asked for.

You can install it manually from the website. download the 062315 zip file, extract, and install the appropriate .inf files, reboot.

I used the .msi file rather than the zip and didn't have to individually install all the .inf's Not sure why GTiceman and I were in the dog house and not being offered the update.

I was also getting repeated offered the 5/14 update as well. That seems to have gone away, although it did ask me to reboot with no details about what update was being installed. I looked after the reboot at the update history and it said that the 5/14 update was the last one and was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.