What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Sorry MS but this entire beta program really is a fuster cluck. Sure betas will have issues but it seems as if QC is completely non-existent. When are they saying W10 is supposed to be ready? I hope they're just rope-a-dopin us with these funky builds.

Quick sidenote. My cat knocked my SP3 of my bed desk last night. The edge smacked right on my metal end table with a crash. Luckily it hit right where the speaker is so just bent in a little instead of shattering my screen. Whew!

South_Park_Bad_Kitty_Blue_Shirt_POP.jpg

Last edited:

jim365

Running 8.1 right now. Holding SP3 in tablet mode. Zero fan. Nice.

Reverted to 8.1 myself last night - and liking it. Win10 Build 10122 broke my key metro apps (Readly, Music & Video, Feedly) that I use every day. Until yesterday, it was my daily driver, but I think I will wait a while now.

GTiceman

1. Loses WiFi connection on wake up. Have to restart to get WiFi back - Not having this issue
2. Battery life is absolutely pathetic - I get about 6-7 hours
3. Constant spinning circle on restart - Agreed
4. SP3 heats up like never before - Not having this issue
5. Once screen turns off, turning it back on takes forever to load the lockscreen. - Not having this issue
6. After entering PIN it takes much longer to get to desktop - I don't use PIN so can't say, though Picture Password has issues
7. System firmware update 5/14/2015 keeps failing to install. - Agreed
8. System firmware update 5/14/2015 finally installs (installed twice now) but still keeps reappearing - Agreed
9. Failure of updates to install has become common - Only as noted above
10. Get's stuck on shutting down too. End up having to use 'power' + 'volume' to restart - Haven't had a shut down issue
11. Restart is also extremely slow. - Agreed

I stole this message to add what I am experiencing.

Sanjay

Did you do an update route using the fixes, or a clean install with 10074 and then update to 10122?
I used the fixes route to update from 10074 to 10122.

Out of curiosity, why do you power down with the power button and the volume button? all you have to do is hold the power button just like any computer or tablet.
I am forced to use the 'power + volume' button when the 'power' button by itself fails to work. And with this build it is more often than not.

wynand32

I am forced to use the 'power + volume' button when the 'power' button by itself fails to work. And with this build it is more often than not.

That was my biggest issue with 10122: my SP3 simply would not wake up from sleep in any regular/predictable fashion. Sometimes needed keyboard (so couldn't wake up at all when disconnected), sometimes needed to connect/disconnect power, etc. During the short time I used it, I probably force-powered-off at least 10 times. Didn't have to resort to power+up-volume to shut off completely, but not much difference.

riley2323

For what it is worth...SharePoint 2013 is now working in Edge. It hadn't been working previously to best of my recollection prior to 10122.

mitchellvii

Ran 10125 up the flagpole just for the hell of it. For me at least it's running smooth and fast. Looks much better than 10122 as well. Installed piece of cake.

** Caveat, pen doesn't seem to ink at all.

Last edited:

mitchellvii

What about stability - rebooting, WiFi?

No problems for me so far. Pen not working is only issue. Installs easily. If it fubars roll it back.

The new icons and jump list animations are very cool. Also the recently added alphabet animation in the Start Menu is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.