What's new

Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3?

AllTaken

Hi,

I'm loving the forum so far, especially sharpcolorado and his commitment to the Windows 10 thread.

The questions, pointers, bugs and praise are a good read and I'm really enjoying the feedback many are having with each build.

Could we possibly have a sub-forum? If that's the correct term?

What I mean is Bob123 is having graphics issues with his XXXX driver, but Wilma29 is wanting to know peoples experiences with Build 9260....

If we could have a Windows 10 area within the Surface Pro 3 forum I feel it would provide a lot of knowledge and discussion, just as sharpcolorado's thread, only searchable and more focused.

Please don't take my suggestion the wrong way - the site is great, I just feel it's only going to be discussed more.

Cheers,
Matt

OP
A

AllTaken

Hi,

I'm loving the forum so far, especially sharpcolorado and his commitment to the Windows 10 thread.

The questions, pointers, bugs and praise are a good read and I'm really enjoying the feedback many are having with each build.

What I mean is Bob123 is having graphics issues with his XXXX driver, but Wilma29 is wanting to know peoples experiences with Build 9260....

If we could have a Windows 10 area within the Surface Pro 3 forum I feel it would provide a lot of knowledge and discussion, just as sharpcolorado's thread, only searchable and more focused.

Please don't take my suggestion the wrong way - the site is great, I just feel it's only going to be discussed more.

Cheers,
Matt

P.S You guys stickied the 'double pen entry' (Bluetooth) post but didn't sticky my solution to allow the reinstall of 8.1 if you are on Windows 10, double pen entry is useful but surely there will be a few who have a similar issue with downgrading?

malberttoo

Hi,

Cheers,
Matt

Matt, there is a Windows 10 sub-forum on the main page page at http://surfaceforums.net.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the comments.
I do provide jump links on the first post of Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3 for each public Preview Build.
The Windows 10 Forum is a good discussion to visit regarding features of the developing Windows 10.

Also, you can keep track of new postings by clicking "ACTIVE TOPICS" at the top of this page.

ScottyS

I guess this is the continuation of this thread from the SP3 forum, but as that thread has 39,501 views and 539 replies it has gotten too long to browse through but it does have high traffic.

So here's my question. My Win10 on a partition of my SSD wont start. When I re-boot to it it goes through the black screen with Surface and spinning circle of dots, then the screen goes black with backlight on and keyboard lit and just hangs there.

Can I just delete the folders/files there (or should I format it) and re-install from the ISO files extracted to a USB stick?
Is there an ISO file for build 9879 or should I install the original (was it 9841? I forget) and then go through the updates?